This developer will join a team focused on the development and support of proprietary in-house and 3rd-party applications used by our Structured Credit Investment team. The investment team is focused on the analysis of collateral manager risk style and performance, credit underwriting and valuation of individual tranche investments and active management of CLO portfolios. They use proprietary analytical platforms to analyze and track the performance of each CLO, including detailed analysis of the underlying loan portfolio. The development team also works very closely with the Data Team who ensures the timely and accurate flow of information from external data providers, allowing our portfolio managers and analysts to focus on the current and potential risks in each CLO.
The developer will work directly with business partners throughout the development lifecycle, beginning with the requirements gathering stage on through post implementation support. The primary responsibility for this role will be to design, program, test, and enhance the custom applications in use by the group. The group’s application stack consists primarily of C#.NET, SQL Server, and WPF/Winforms components as well as SSIS packages. Secondary responsibilities will include being part of an on-call rotation during off hours to support and resolve production issues. This position reports to a Director in the Technology Solutions Group and is located in Charlotte, NC.
The ideal candidate for this role would be comfortable working with a range of Microsoft technologies, able to troubleshoot and problem-solve quickly with a strong sense of urgency, attentive to detail and committed to testing, and able to communicate well with business partners. Prior experience with structured finance products such as CLO’s or related systems/data at another asset manager or financial services company would be a considerable plus. The candidate must be able to understand business requirements and investment data and concepts. This person should be a self-starter, able to work independently and cooperatively as required.
Technology Skill Sets Required:
- .Net - C# (Client Server)
- Visual Studio, TFS
- WCF, WPF
- MS SQL Server – SSDT & SSIS
Technology Skill Sets Desired:
- Web development
- Design patterns, unit testing
- Minimum 3-5years of application development/support experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business discipline preferred
- Previous experience supporting technical needs at an investment manager or similar financial firm highly desired
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, project-driven environment
- Ability to function independently and meet tight deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency and desire to see solutions implemented expediently
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively within various levels of the organization