Leading Web Services and E-Commerce Company seeking full-time C# / ASP.NET Application Developers (Senior-Level) to complement our growing team in Salem, Oregon. NIC, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the premier provider of official eGovernment services in the country with a 25 year history of excellence currently serving more than 4,500 federal, state and local agencies across the country. This permanent, salaried developer position offers full benefits and is located in the Salem, Oregon NIC office.
Who We Are:
Our growing Salem team is dynamic, energetic and brings a wealth of experience from NIC partners in other states as well as other companies. Our mission is for Oregon to be recognized as one of the best state web portals in the United States. In 2014 and 2015, the Oregon.gov web portal was named a finalist in the Center for Digital Government’s annual Best of the Web awards. We offer a fun, relaxed work environment and value the individuals who make up our team. Our developers build a variety of web/e-commerce applications and services for Oregon State and local agencies. Our development cycle is rapid and productive; we focus on results so your work will have an immediate impact.
NIC is a premier provider of web-based government services that help government entities use the Internet to reduce costs and provide a higher level of service to businesses and citizens. We build websites, web applications, and mobile applications that allow businesses and citizens to access information and complete transactions such as applying for permits or renewing licenses online.
Why Work For Us?
- Your work product will be used by thousands, and potentially even millions of people.
- We offer the excitement of a start-up with the security of an established company built on a 23-year history of success.
- We encourage and embrace new ideas and different approaches to your work.
- We provide excellent opportunities for career growth and professional development.
- We have a fun, work environment that values its staff and works as a cohesive team.
- Your work will be recognized and win awards. NIC partner states consistently dominate the majority of the top 10 states recognized by the Center for Digital Government as the Best of the Web in Digital Government Achievement. Year after year, at least 8 of the top 10 State websites are NIC partner states.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing complex Internet and eCommerce web applications on the Microsoft .Net stack. While industry trends are surpassing the concept, we’re looking for someone who is considered to be a “full stack” developer, comfortable in all layers of a multi-tier business web application.
- Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, creative and strong sense of accountability and project ownership. We work as a team, but our pace demands individuals who can operate independently as well.
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams to efficiently implement business strategies. While our Project Managers have the ownership of the requirements, developers play an active role in mining for, and refining business requirements.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, evolving, and entrepreneurial environment to ensure that applications meet or exceed specifications in a 3-tier, scalable and secure environment.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and SQL for implementing database driven, web-based applications.
- Experience developing applications using Service Oriented Architecture, mostly facilitated by WEB.API and WCF.
- Experience integrating web-based applications with a variety of back-end databases and legacy systems.
- Strong problem-solving abilities are essential; we support a large library of systems and services.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude for learning new tools and technologies, so to stay abreast with industry standards and best practices.
- Commitment to usability, accessibility, and quality; a test-driven development mentality is preferred.
- At least some knowledge of web application security, OWASP and privacy standards.
Proficiency In The Following:
- Visual Studio 2010-2017
- Visual Studio Team System
- C# / ASP.NET
- HTML5 / CSS3
- .NET Framework 4 and above
- MS SQL Server 2008R2-2014
- MVC 3, 4, and above
- .NET Web application development with dynamic content
- XML • Windows Server 2012/2008
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- WCF Web Services
- Classic Web Services (SOAP)
- T-SQL & Stored Procedures
- Microsoft IIS Configuration / Setup
- Entity Framework
- Mobile application framework
- Knowledge of CMS such as SharePoint
Knowledge / Proficiency In The Following Are Desirable:
- Microsoft SharePoint Development
- Java Programming
- Oracle Database Programming
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration
- Active Directory / LDAP Programming
- PowerShell Script Programming
- Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Liferay Portal
- Microsoft Build Scripting
- Native Mobile application development for iOS, Android, or Windows
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance
- Paid State holidays, personal days and vacation
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability and life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement