The Senior Software Developer will analyze business and technical tasks, architect a plan to solve issues, be a leader in software development to create solutions, provide top-tier support for resulting applications, and contribute expertise through knowledge base and mentorship.
- Communicate with Business Units to assist in developing requirements and functional specifications
- Design and direct the coding of new applications and enhancements to existing applications according to business coding standards and current day development architecture
- Develop test cases and predict the results from those test cases
- Own an assignment, including taking personal accountability of defects in process, to delivering full SDLC support for the assignment given
- Lead a project with high level instructions and interaction with business owners to gather requirements
- Conduct unit testing, integration testing, and regression testing for software
- Provide post production top-tier support and maintenance
- Develop system and user documentation
- Guide junior developers in technique, best practices, and QA
- Provide accurate timeline estimates, and be accountable with these estimates
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
Required Skills And Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field is desired. 5+ years of experience is desired.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft .NET frame work and SQL
- Extensive understanding of database design and ORM modeling
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be very detail-oriented
- Strong project coordination and organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously