The focus of this position will be the hands-on development of new features for our options market making system built on the .NET platform using C#.
The system has enough variety to challenge and interest anyone an information-dense user interface, a high-throughput, low latency parallel computational core, server components, interfaces to exchanges, market data sources, and execution systems. The ideal candidate will be able to contribute at all levels of the application stack.
· BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
· 2-4 years of experience as Software Developer, or a related occupation
· Proficiency in a C-style object-oriented programming language; C# preferred
· Solid understanding of concurrency, parallelism and synchronization
· Experience with performance analysis and optimization in a managed environment, including algorithmic efficiency, memory allocation, and garbage collection
· Experience with relational database programming, including experienceworking with an Object Relational Mapping library such as Entity Framework or NHibernate
· Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues across different functional units and locations