NET Developers:Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking innovative and forward-thinking full-time,part-time, andon-call Developers to build our Developer group at our headquarters in Buffalo, NY, Arlington, VA, or one of our U.S. regional offices.
In this challenging role, each Developer will beresponsible for designing and developing web-based solutions and willwork with colleagues and clients to create appealing and fully functioning websites.
Ourdevelopers are part of an integrated, very dynamic and results-oriented group. Our successful candidates must be highly motivated to work in a very fast-paced and exciting consulting environment.
- Develop modern, data-driven ASP.NET web applications using Visual Studio, C#, and SQL Server using Microsoft platforms, frameworks, and tools
- Participate in project planning meetings to design and document software features, requirements, and specifications
- Communicate with stakeholders to share project updates, provide training, discuss new feature ideas, and troubleshoot problems or issues
- Maintain, support, and enhance legacy applications
- Assist with business development initiatives (demonstrations, client meetings, presentations, bids and proposal support, etc.)
- Remain current on web technology trends, and rapidly learn and apply new skills and tools during the life cycle of a project
- Senior-leveldevelopers will also:
- Serve as lead developer for new and existing projects
- Work with managers and developers in making platform, technology, and tooling decisions
- Mentor junior staff developers and perform QA/QC on other team members’ solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline
- Associate level: 3+ years of experience with custom web-based data driven application development, using C# and .NET technology including working experience in using Microsoft platforms, frameworks, and tools
- Senior level: 7+ years of experience with custom web-based data driven application development, using C# and .NET technology including working experience in using Microsoft platforms, frameworks, and tools
- Strong knowledge of Web Services (REST & SOAP)
- Transact-SQL experience
- Collaborate on solutions by facilitating and improving communication amongst technical staff and clients
- and communication skills with external and internal clients of varying levels of computer literacy
- Excellent problem solving skills, a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and self-disciplined in order to organize time and work efficiently in a face-paced and exciting consulting environment
- Experience with consulting or contract work or developing for DOD clients a plus
- Ability to travel as needed for client meetings and business development