Net Developer - Kansas City, Mo
Apply with LinkedIn Apply now
The .NET Developer is responsible for coding and developing bleeding edge web and application interfaces using C# and VS 2010/2012 in a .NET environment.
• Design & implement Web and Windows based applications
• Be a team player and work in conjunction with the Tech lead for the project in identifying and solving issues
• Work with Software Quality Assurance (SQA) and Integration teams to validate the correct implementation of systems and applications.
• Interact with project management, other engineering teams, and other stakeholders as appropriate.
• Code, compile and test complex websites and applications
• Anticipate and independently code, compile and test complex websites and applications
• Anticipate and independently provide solutions for complex problems and issues, recommending upgrades, enhancements, priorities and strategic technology directions based on independent research, consultation and analysis.
• Rapidly absorb complex technical and conceptual information, identifying key issues and details and presenting understandable alternatives to both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Work on multiple complex tasks against deadlines and shifting priorities and comfortable dealing with uncertainty, ambiguity and change.
• Employ standards, security methods and use industry tools to build enterprise web applications.
• Maintain high-quality documentation of complex technical implementations.
• Work with project management and leadership to provide time estimates and schedules for projects and communicate regularly with department management and functional users on project requirements, activities and status.
• Take a role in establishing and implementing standards that will facilitate a high-quality IT infrastructure across the company and all clients.
• Adheres to New Directions Behavioral Health Mission Statement, Core Values, Code of Business Conduct, and Compliance Program.
• Complies with all Federal and applicable State laws and New Directions Behavioral Health Policies regarding, privacy, confidentiality, and security of health information, and other designated information.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• 3 to 5 years of enterprise, object-oriented development experience
• Developing Web and Desktop Applications in C#.
• Extensive knowledge of the .NET Framework and conversational familiarity with design patterns.
• Comfort working with Visual Studio, IIS, source control, build tools, continuous integration servers and test harnesses typically found in a .NET development environment.
• Development experience with content management systems such as SiteFinity, Umbraco or similar. Ability to create a new web site and maintain an existing site using ASP.NET frameworks (e.g., Web Forms, ASP,NET MVC).
• Familiarity with a variety of data access technologies (i.e., SQL, ADO.NET, LINQ, etc.)
• Experience integrating systems using examples from the alphabet soup of enterprise applications (i.e., REST,SOAP, JSON,XML, SOA, WSDL, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and SQA/SCM (Software Configuration Management) tools.
• Multi-threading and service level application design and creation
• Experience working with QA to develop tests and plan remediation.
• Demonstrated ability to produce functional and design specifications with minimal supervision, and attend meetings answering technical questions regarding specifications.
• Demonstrated experience with OOA/D/P, UML, design patterns, frameworks, and tools.
• Demonstrated experience developing software using Unit Tests
• Demonstrated ability to work with other tech leads and teams to resolve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and require minimal supervision.
• Experience in high-performance application development.
• Experience building distributed and highly available solutions using message/event driven systems.
• Preferred candidates have an extensive experience working with web technology, preferably on public-facing sites, including many of the following items:
o Ability to measure and optimize web performance, both from the client and server side, supported by a development approach featuring testing early and often (e.g., unit and integration testing).
o Experience integrating with social web services such as Facebook or Twitter.
o Understanding of SEO best practices and experience integrating tagging for analytics tools (Tootle Analytics, etc.).
o Illustrated participating in open-source projects and/or the developer community.
o Demonstrable understanding of emerging/nontraditional languages, libraries and/or software development techniques.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employeeswho have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access tocompensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent withthe contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.