Perform a variety of tasks in the development of desktop and web-based programs to support immunological research. Duties will include extensive programming in a variety of software languages. Assists in designing software, graphical user interfaces, and computational strategies to improve graphical interfaces and optimize application performance. Secondary responsibilities include documentation of code, writing support manuals, following standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to the work, and training staff on the use of newly developed software.
· Applicant must have previous experience in developing and programming of desktop or web-based software.
· Experience in working with Visual Studio software preferred.
· Must have the ability to understand and navigate data structures and design patterns.
· Applicant should have thorough knowledge of OOP and functional decompositions.
· Previous experience in developing applications for scientific use or data presentation is a plus.
· Individual should have strong problem solving, quantitative, debugging, and documentation skills set and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with end users and other developers.
· The position requires significant interaction with people of varying scientific backgrounds,approaches, and skill sets.
· The applicant must be independent in thought and results driven while possessing strong and positive communication with a team.
· Applicant should be able to work on multiple projects and able to independently consult literature to solve technical problems.
· A passion for programming, database design, and analytical excellence is a must.
· Must be highly collaborative, self-motivated, results focused, team-oriented and have excellent communication and computer skills.
· Candidate should be thoroughly familiar with developing and optimizing software.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17