We are in need of a .NET developer with a Secret clearance and at least 4 years of experience to support USUHS, a worldwide center of excellence for military and public health professions’ education and research. USUHS’s mission is to train, educate and prepare uniformed services health professionals, officers and leaders to directly support the; Military Health System, the National Security and National Defense Strategies of the United States and the readiness of our Armed Forces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in requirements gathering, technical design sessions, software development, peer reviews, unit and integration testing. Assumes accountability for ensuring efficient and high quality software deliverables.
- Passion for troubleshooting client-side and managed code written and provided from a number of sources, sometimes involving open source third party tools.
- Performs both manual and tool assisted code reviews for security compliance, software development best practices, and performance. Optimize new and existing code for performance.
- Present solutions at formal and informal design reviews, and document designs according to the government’s system lifecycle methodology.
- Provide updates in writing upon request as to the progress, current project status, critical path progress and any development issues that will impact quality, schedules, or operational/security risk.
This position will have/not have supervisory authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 4 + years of experience in software development using an object-oriented programming language.
- Experience performing unit testing and integration testing to validation solutions
- Experience with n-tier web application development, including support for evaluation, maintenance and development of Microsoft C# and ASP.NET applications
- Secret Clearance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Secret Clearance
- Well versed in C#
- Experience with Entity Framework, MVC framework, SQL Server / Oracle, and design / architectural patterns
- Familiarity with DTO's (Data Transfer Objects), Repository Pattern, and NuGet packages
- Familiarity with DISA application development STIGs and well versed in DOD information assurance policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in software development best practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in teams as well as independently.
- Security+ Certification required