The .NET Developer is responsible for building web applications, maintaining existing .NET code, writing and optimizing SQL queries, and developing custom .NET solutions. For this position, we are seeking applicants with strong .NET development skills who are eager to make immediate contributions to our projects, expand their skill set, and grow as a professional developer.
What You'll Do
- Plan, estimate, and implement small and medium features / enhancements.
- Work with other developers and architects to implement large features and entire applications.
- Develop and optimize schemas and queries for MSSQL or other DBMSs as appropriate.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks and bug fixes for applications.
- Perform code reviews for other developers.
- Write acceptance tests for quality assurance
- Write automated tests (unit, integration, user acceptance).
- Attend team meetings.
- Collaborate effectively with team members from all departments.
- Learn new frameworks, technologies, etc. as needed.
- Occasionally communicate and collaborate with clients, both in writing and verbally.
What We Look For
- Strong experience writing elegant, well documented, object oriented C# using .NET Core and/or .NET MVC.
- Database architecture and implementation skills with experience in MSSQL or a similar DBMS.
- Dependable and professional.
- Self-motivated, quick learner.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently, but also must work well with others.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and take ownership of their work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment on a number of projects.
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Amazon Web Services
- Non-relational databases
- Unit Testing Framework such as XUnit, NUnit, MSTest, etc.
- Writing acceptance criteria, especially using Gherkin