The .Net Architect is responsible for designing complex technical solutions and providing technical expertise across multiple projects to meet client B2C and B2B requirements. This individual must have proven experience creating scalable, maintainable, and well documented solutions using Microsoft .NET. As an active team member, a successful Architect will create complex site architectures to support multiple integration points, oversee the implementation of the design, attend client discovery meetings, estimate new projects, explain highly technical concepts to clients and non-technical teammates, and help resolve technical issues as needed.
You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs.
This role will mentor delivery team members.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Work with clients and internal teams to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Assist sales teams in project estimation and questions that arise during the pre-sales process.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience with Microsoft .NET.
- Knowledge of version control systems, web development experience.
- Experience working in an Agile, Scrum environment.
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight.
- eCommerce experiencerequired, preferably working with a platform such as Insite.
- Phenomenal communicators who can explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high level decision makers.
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Preferred skills and education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in a professional services company, consulting firm, or agency.
- Client facing or consulting experience highly preferred.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Estimation and project planning experience.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams.