Kemper is seeking an experienced Applications Developer to support the Kemper Home Service lines of business in our life and health insurance headquarters in the Westport area of Maryland Heights. As an Applications Developer, you will be responsible for the design, development, production, and maintenance of the .Net applications used throughout the organization. Successful members of our team have the initiative, desire, and ability to learn new technologies and implement business solutions in all aspects of the system development life cycle. Come join our dynamic team and be a key contributor in our positive work environment in our St. Louis home office. We have a strong team who work side by side in a challenging and rewarding environment.
• Internal and external ASP.NET, VB/VB.NET, and XML development
• SQL Server database development and maintenance
• Develop complex queries and stored procedures using Transact-SQL/T-SQL
• Independently analyze and solve complex problems
• Strong Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database is required.
• Proficient in SQL development (complex queries, stored procedures and user defined functions) and performance tuning is required.
• Experience with Oracle database, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting is a plus.
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V