We are looking for Dot Net Programmer for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Dot Net Programmer
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- The intent of this work order is to supplement the client?s Enterprise Applications Services team focusing on development, testing, and deployment of enterprise application solutions. This individual will need to work with various business and technology groups to understand requirements for each area of the organization. Design documentation will need to be produced documenting final deployment details along with support procedures as needed. Architectural technical and documentation skills are equally important for this position.
- Under general supervision, develops/modifies the DORWay system utilizing approved development tools and processes. Reviews system requirements with customers and prepares design documents using object-oriented techniques. Codes, tests, and debugs system from approved design documents, utilizing web and client/server techniques; may serve as lead developer on program or system. New development environment will be the Microsoft .Net framework and VB programming language with SQL Server database.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Programs, tests, and debugs new or modified system from approved design documents, utilizing web and client/server techniques. May serve as lead programmer on select small projects or sub-projects. Primary new development environment will be the Microsoft .Net framework and VB programming language with SQL Server database, but other development languages and tools may be used as needed. Assists the user in training and in operation of the new or existing systems.
- Resolves system, program, and user problems as needed in production environment. Identifies source of problem, performs necessary modifications, and tests to ensure that problem is resolved according to established service level agreements.
- Demonstrates through support of assigned application systems, a working knowledge of business operational processes, associated supporting technology and system interfaces.
- Provides consultation to customers related to information technology. Interviews customers to determine business requirements; identifies how technology may enable those requirements; participates in development of feasibility studies; prepares documentation and recommendations to TSD and customer management.
- Prepares appropriate documentation throughout the development life cycle, ensuring compliance with agency policies, standards and operations. Assists in training new employees and serves as technical consultant for them. Keeps project leader(s) and supervisor informed of work progress.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Gentax Application Development Experience (Fast Enterprises)
- .Net Framework (ASP.net, ADO.net)
- .Net Framework 3.5/4.0
- Visual Studio
- Visual Basic
- General database design and administration
- Application level security
- Organizational Skills
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Public Sector/Gov?t ExperienceRequired
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- A bachelor's degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and six (6) years experience in information technology systems or related area. ; or an associate's degree and eight (8) years experience in information technology systems or related area; or a high school diploma and ten (10) years experience in information technology systems or related area.