We are looking for DOT NET Developer for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: DOT NET Developer
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Candidate should be an experienced coder in both visual interfaces and web services construction. In addition, they should be expert in the most effective and efficient product development using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, C#, , MVC 3 or higher, jQuery, AngularJs, .NET, MS SQL 2012 R2 /2014 enterprise server and TFS (Team Foundation Server). This includes code development, unit testing, source code management, build management, integration testing, and deployment.
- Interact with other software engineers and technical leaders to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
- Interact with representatives of other industry and government groups to understand and/or recommend data interchange formats, APIs, messaging strategies, application server software, as well as hardware and virtual machine requirements.
- Design and document subsystems and system components consisting of (in OO terms) several objects working together to execute an encapsulated function of the larger system.
- Implement and debug subsystems and components.
- Write and execute tests for subsystems and components.
- Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers
- Determine and communicate the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and components and help determine how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications.
- Determine and communicate the requirements and capabilities of components within the context of the larger system, project, and team.
- Support management of the team's technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance from the engineers or other project leads.
- Participate in efforts to share technology and expertise within the organization; mentor junior and aspiring software development engineers.
- Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
- Be a key contributors within the Web Application Development team to deliver the new Economic Services Re-Engineering project that will deliver a new Registration, Interview Center and Eligibility system for the client
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 5+ years of experience independently designing and implementing medium to large-scale software systems and components using .net architectures.
- 5+ years of experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture.
- 5+ years' experience building web-based software systems, utilizing N-tier architectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and at least two application, database, messaging or web server systems.
- Successful design and implementation of multiple software components and subsystems.
- Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
- Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, and customers/stakeholders as needed or directed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the DSS and other State information technology staff.
Environments and Tools:
- MS Server 2012 R2 enterprise server, IIS 8.5
- MS SQL 2012 R2 /2014 enterprise server.
- TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2013/2015
- C#, , .NET ? Must 5 years
- MVC 3 or higher ? Must 3 years
- jQuery? Must 3 years
- WCF ? Must 5 years
- Entity Framework 6 ? Recommended 2 years
- Responsive design ? Recommended 3 years
- AngularJs ? desirable 1 year
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Preference will be given to experience related to Economic Services Eligibility applications (SNAP/TANF) system design and development and/or knowledge of the Economic Services program's mission and objectives
- Experience with Agile software development is a plus.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or other quantitative discipline