SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- Working under the direction of the Applications Development Manager within the Administrative Services of client, the candidate will provide expertise in requirements gathering; applications design and development, database design; applications security; report development; SQL script design, and SSIS following the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- The Internet web/engineer requested under this SOW must have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of SDLC processes; .NET environment; VBScript languages; Microsoft SQL databases; SQL script; SSIS; Microsoft Office; JAVA Script and C# languages.
- The Internet web/engineer requested under this SOW must work in a standard development environment, testing environment, continuous build and integration, application deployment and rollback and all other aspects of a complete app/dev hosting environment.
- The candidate must be able to maintain existing SQL scripts, Java Scripts, and ASP based applications.
- Candidate must be able to track their own work and communicate effectively to the business system owner, technology staff, and management.
- Candidate must be able to gather requirements efficiently and document all changes to the system.
- Candidate must be able to research problems and offer solutions to management and the business system owner.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Required to work in the Columbia, SC office M-F 8:00 am ? 5:00 pm
- May require Work after normal business hours which may require to be in Columbia, SC
- Work with applications team to understand, document, define requirements, code, and maintain applications in their dev, test, and production environment.
- maintain documentation of all work during the engagement.
- Assist in the design of new functionality as additional requirements are identified by customers.
- Communicates effectively with technology staff and business stakeholders.
- Provides status reports regularly to the Applications Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Five years? or more experience in Classic ASP 3.0 and VBscript development experience.
- Five years? or more experience using Microsoft SQL 2008 and its scriptinglanguage.
- Five years?experience or more using MS Server 2008 R2 and IIS.
- Five years?experience or more in JScript, HTML, and CSS.
- Five years?experience or more in Crystal Reports.
- Five years? or more experience in following a defined SDLC.
- Five years? or more experience in securing web applications using standards security practices.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality results.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver project documentation (functional specifications, technical specifications, test plans, etc.)
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills (with all levels of the organization) and a very good command of the English language.
- Ability to work with diverse groups and work within the team environments.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and subjects accurately, clearly and concisely.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to developers and functional teams.
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain partnerships within the business units.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, complete important time sensitive tasks, adapt quickly to last minute changes and manage multiple project tasks.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Ability to work independently and at own pace.
- Experience with Fleetwave Application
- Experience in AppXtender