IBM DOORS Next Gen Administrator role is responsible for administration tasks of operating and maintaining the requirements management software tool for the systems engineering group as well as technical support for the users of the tool. When called upon, this role will also engage on R&D projects to work cross- functionally to create, elaborate, link, and document system and subsystem requirements
- Experience in implementing and administering IBM CLM 6.0 or later
- 5-8years of successful experience in a related field and the successful demonstration of key responsibilities, knowledge and skills as presented above.
- Demonstrated use of and proficiency in DNG.
- Requirements management practice for complex products.
- experience of configuring of the IBM CLM suites
- Experience in data migration from DOORS to DNG would be preferred
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with IT to manage version control, upgrades, data migration and efficient operation of the DNG tool on our IT environment.
- Administering licenses, and user access to specific project databases within the DNG tool.
- Developing templates in spreadsheets or other formats to provide streamlined input and output to and from the DNG tool, including reports that can be entered in a design history file.
- Optimizing standard project structures for folders and modules as well as creating new project structures in the DNG database.
- Training and providing technical support to users of the DNG tool.
- Creating and documenting requirements and use cases in the DNG tool.
- Interfacing with designers/developers and other project stakeholders (such as Marketing, Service and Support, Regulatory Affairs) to develop technical specifications.
- Complying with the applicable Requirements Management and Document Management Multi-Site Work Instructions.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
- Identify requirements errors and defects, and write requirements defect reports.
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process. Assist with the development or improvement of the organization?s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
- An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice; familiarity with requirements engineering literature and resources.
- An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to Product development life cycles in a team environment.
- A solid working knowledge of the IBM requirements management tool DNG to create product structures and build and maintain them.
- Navigate within a Rational DOORS database.
- Create, modify, and review structured data in a Rational DOORS formal module.
- Create and report link relationships in a Rational DOORS database.
- Create reports on relationships in a Rational DOORS database.
- Interfacing DOORS data with third party tools.
- Apply change control, configuration management, and backup strategies to DOORS data.
- Use DXL (IBM? Rational? DOORS? Extensible Language) to process:
- Projects, folders, modules, and objects
- Access rights
- Views and view settings
- Create customized attributes and layouts in DXL
- Create customized Rational DOORS menus
- Develop user interfaces in DXL