$80K — $100K *
Woodruff Arts Center employees play an integral role in creating and supporting great art and education initiatives at the nation’s third largest arts center. Comprised of three Art Partners—Alliance Theatre, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and High Museum of Art—there’s a role for everyone at The Woodruff.
Associate Director of Annual Giving
United States of America (Exempt)
· In collaboration with Development leadership team, plan, coordinate, and execute all fundraising and philanthropic events including, but not limited to, donor events, benefits fulfillment, cultivation events, and the annual Gala and ensures excellent donor experiences.
· Establishes event goals and objectives. Events are designed to recognize and steward donors, increase fundraising, and/or increase engagement with the organization. All aspects of the events are coordinated and implemented to ASO expectations and on schedule.
· Communicate and coordinate in a timely manner with Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Marketing staff for design, promotion, and external communication materials; Production staff for reserving lighting, sound, and equipment requirements, as well as set-up and tear-down of such equipment; Artistic staff for scheduling attendance and speaking engagements for Music Director, guest conductors, special artists, and musicians at all special events.
· Manage all stewardship and cultivation events and our benefits program, including expense budget management, development, and execution.
· Build positive donor relationships during events working strategically with ASO Gift Officers and members of the Senior Staff team.
· Manage all RSVP lists and communicate attendance with appropriate members of the Development and Senior Staff teams and all execute all event logistics.
· Create thorough event briefings for all participants in ASO development events and draft appropriate remarks for individuals who are presenting/participating. Distribute in a timely manner (at least 48 hours in advance of the event).
· Efficiently and effectively solve issues and provide excellent customer service to our valued donors to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra including interface with donors regarding event reservations, ticket requests, and other benefit delivery needs.
· Manage special stewardship activities such as musician thank you calling and all stewardship communications.
· Support the stewardship activities of the PAL Committee, a group of high-level ASO donor-volunteers.
· Track events, ticketing and reporting using Tessitura and Microsoft Excel.
· Manage weekly pre-concert dining in the Robert Shaw Room including reservation confirmation, communication with appropriate staff and ensuring weekly dining materials are provided accurately and promptly. Manage intermission service.
· Serve as on-site point person for the Robert Shaw Room dinner and intermission service and the Delta Lounge pre-concert and intermission service.
· Manage the development, planning and implementation of the annual Gala
o Create and update Gala timeline
o Schedule and attend planning meetings;
o Serve as primary support with event logistics including all Gala communications, concert and dinner seating, event setup, and vendor relations;
o Track event screens, and prepare fundraising reports; and,
o Prepare donor correspondence including solicitations and acknowledgment letters, invoices, and other related materials.
· Other duties as assigned.
· BA degree or equivalent experience
· 3-5 years prior experience working in a development office
· Experience designing and implementing donor engagement programs (2-3 years) highly desirable
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to show initiative in problem-solving and be a highly collaborative team player
· Commitment to exemplary customer service
· Proven ability to work with volunteers and donors
· Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image
· Well-developed writing skills
· Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; excellent time-management and supervisory skills
· Demonstrated proficiency with accuracy in using Word, Excel and Outlook products
· Ability to adhere to ASO policies and support management decisions in a positive and professional manner
· Experience working with donor databases. Experience with Tessitura software a plus
· Creativity, curiosity, sense of humor, high energy, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals is essential to be successful in this position
Please note that this position requires work on evenings, weekends, holidays and some travel
Valid through: 6/29/2021
$100K — $150K *
10 days ago