To ensure we retain our position at the forefront of this exciting and rapidly-developing industry, it is essential that we find new people to work with us, who understand our company values and want to share in the future success of the business. SEKO is a customer centric company, which means we place them first at all times. So it's essential that all of our employees have a customer service ethic which drives everything they do, on top of their individual skill sets.
If you relish a challenge, and feel you have what it takes to work at the peak of the logistics industry, we are looking for the best and the brightest to represent SEKO Logistics. We are looking for a Domestic Operations Manager for our Minneapolis Station in Eagan, MN.
- Strong working knowledge of LTL, FTL, FCL and intermodal transport.
- Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills, strong attention to details, ability to work effectively under pressure, ability to solve logistical problems as necessary.
- Strong decision-making and leadership skills.
- Will lead and motivate personnel
- Be the team player
- Multitask oriented and able to work in a fast environment.
- Professional and courteous phone manner.
- Knowledge of customs forms and power of attorney.
- Proficient in world geography, export documentation, and Incoterms.
- Analyzes Inland Network to optimize carrier capacity and company spend.
- Provide timely and accurate analytics and analysis to internal and external stakeholders as agreed with respect to assigned product and territory
- Ensure performance goals are set and met, performance is measured, and regular informal and formal feedback is provided to direct and indirect reports within assigned territory
- Responsible to monitor and manage desk levels and workload allocation for the entire team.
- Responsible to develop team and individuals within the team. Responsible for succession planning at agent, supervisor, etc.
- Communicates as required with applicable parties to ensure service requirements are achieved.
- Serves as liaison with sales personnel to ensure quality services are achieved & maintained.
- Negotiates best rates and most favorable routes with available resources
- Receives rate requests and prepares rate quotations external customers and internal customers.
- Provides advice to clients when necessary concerning, but not limited to; terms of delivery and payment, marine insurance, ocean services, container loading, transport alternatives or other matters affecting client needs.
- Keeps clients informed and maintains knowledge of market trends and changes in service options.
- Harmonizes and implements department procedures to maximize productivity.
- Handles internal and external disputes as necessary.
- Ensures maximum file profitability via control of vendor costs and maximum net sales.
- Monitors and takes necessary corrective action on staff performance.
- Provides leadership and guidance to Domestic staff.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university.
- Minimum five years in the industry with proven satisfactory track record, operational and/or sales experience.
- Completion of any industry related course is an asset.
- Freight Forwarding/trucking background is a must
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic accounting.