ServiceMaster is currently looking for a Sr. Domain Architect to develop and define Enterprise Architecture strategy models for business applications. This person will be responsible for building, integrating and managing enterprise technology platforms that align with the business’ goals, objectives and direction.
* Actively coaches, guides, mentors and delegates work in order to facilitate the development of junior associates. Fosters high performing technical teams to deliver best of breed solutions for the ServiceMaster family of brands
* Collaborates effectively with peer architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas. Resolves technological disagreement with informed, rational debate. Crafts solutions that align with corporate initiatives, IT strategy and provide overall improvement to the environment.
* Performs assessments and develops joint recommendations on technical decisions and key architecture (such as web solution or technical architectures and system landscapes) by partnering with vendors, project team members and key subject matter experts
* Translates the draft design into a technical design document gaining consensus on the components of the solution from SME’s (Subject Matter Experts), the Project Manager and management
* Develops architecture documents and/ artifacts as well as Agile Features / Stories
* Participates in the development and execution of IT governance process. Compares, contrasts and prioritizes among alternative approaches to meet those objectives while assessing risk both quantitatively and qualitatively
* Develops and reviews business cases targeting IT executives. Develops and reviews technical statements of work, key presentations targeting all levels of staff (e.g. IT executives, business/technology managers, developers, system administrators, etc), research findings (PowerPoint), architectural diagrams (Visio) and supporting details in (Excel)
* Influences and communicates effectively with non-technical audiences including senior product and business management
* Comfortably navigates between highly varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation
* Researches and introduces best practice frameworks/capability models tailored for the environment that will control costs, provide higher quality and/or increase predictability
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
• Must have experience in leading, building and implementing a large scale transition to Enterprise Application Architecture including application development, integration, and Architectural patterns
• Experience with SOA architecture
• Architecture in Agile Scrum methodology experience
• 7 -10 years C#/.NET development & architecture experience
• TOGAF or other Architectural certification preferred
• Comfortable with public speaking
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
•Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
•Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
•Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
•Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
•Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.