Across the globe, nations and organizations are growing increasingly dependent on cyber for every aspect of life. Cyber is a relatively new domain, changes constantly, and has a fundamentally different nature from the domains of air, land, sea and space. There is tremendous opportunity and necessity to find creative, innovative solutions for operating in cyber and MITRE’s Fort Meade cyber work program is at the forefront of inventing those solutions. Our sponsors look to MITRE for thought leadership coupled with technical excellence to revolutionize cyber operations. As a non-profit, operating Federally Funded Research and Development Centers, MITRE has been given the challenge to look over the horizon, identify upcoming hard problems, disruptors, and new solutions. We take a holistic approach by blending disciplines including computer science, reverse engineering, RF engineering, signal processing, military operations, information warfare, policy analysis, and system architecture. We invent and test new concepts and technologies through research, prototyping and peer-reviewed papers. The MITRE Fort Meade cyber work program is dedicated to creating innovative solutions for our sponsors to defend the nation, gather intelligence, and project power in and through cyberspace. We seek people who have expertise in the relevant disciplines, understand how these missions are conducted today, have a vision for how to revolutionize those missions, and the passion to solve hard problems.
We are looking for new talent to help us. Strategize with senior government personnel; advise and influence cyber operations vision; engineer innovative tactics, techniques, and procedures to ensure resiliency in the face of cyber-attack; prevent malicious cyber activity; and detect the presence of adversaries on friendly networks; Develop innovative cyber operations strategies, tactics, techniques and procedures; Work closely with senior MITRE and government leaders to communicate vision and strategy to improve cyber operations; lead a team of MITRE personnel to implement strategy and/or develop prototype solutions.
• Solicit functional requirements and perform requirements decomposition
• Develop architectures, models & workflows
• Advise development activities and perform integration activities
• Guide sponsors through changing and evolving environments using disciplined systems engineering approach.
• Assist with engineering analyses to support acquisition and contract activities
• Assist with data architectures, analyses and strategy
• Capable of providing objective assessments, strategic planning and data analysis.
• Ability to interact with the Sponsor staff to effectively facilitate systems engineering and influence decision-making.
• Technical writing, presentation and good customer relationship skills.
• Perform studies and analyses such as gap analyses and technical evaluation
• Strong practical experience in project management, which was gained through managing large and complex projects.
• Program planning and strategy
• Experience developing and implemented project management best practice processes.
• End to end experience, from Initiation through Closing, managing multiple projects.
• BS degree and 8 yrs. of experience with government acquisition including risk management and source selection.
• Demonstrated skills and experience in presenting analytical results both verbally and in writing.
• Candidate must possess current TS/SCI Polygraph clearance to be considered for this position.
• MS degree and 12 years related experience
• DoD Program/Project Manager desired
• Project Management Professional (PMP)