Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Find and download space-related portions of OSD/CAPE's Data Warehouse.
- Track and import budget data on the congressional committee and floor actions.
- Develop and use software tools to transform downloaded budget data into user-friendly worksheets that enable users to have a variety of views (both graphical & textual) of the data.
- Analyze and report on various categories of the space budget, e.g., top line; by appropriation; by mission area; by core capability; by the agency; etc.
- Develop a software-based value model to assist NSS community build costing and budgeting information for planning
- and programming documents, architectures, and conduct trade-off studies.
- Develop other tools and processes as needed to improve the way the EA for Space Staff conducts its plans and programming activities.
- Be the subject matter expert for all aspects of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) System.
- US Citizen
- Active DOD TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, or technical field as a minimum. Directly related experience can be substituted for degree requirements.
- Certification at Level III in Acquisition Program Management (or equivalent).
- 5-10 years' experience in, or directly supporting, DoD or NRO space acquisition.
- In-depth understanding of how the NSS community members do their budgeting.
- In-depth understanding of the role of the SAF/SP in space planning, programming, architecture development, and assessments.
- Thorough understanding of DoD's PPBE System.
- Thorough understanding of the Congressional actions that impact DoD's PPBE System.
- Proficient at using the Microsoft Office suite of software, particularly Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a group and interface with Government and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Master's degree in the space-related field.
- Working knowledge and experience with program control activities.
- Working knowledge and experience with DoD requirements and architecture processes.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality, finished products that make a substantial contribution to the success of the customer with minimum oversight.
- Job Location: Pentagon, Arlington, VA.
- Travel: As required to destinations such as Colorado Springs, Omaha, Los Angeles, and Norfolk. Local travel in and around the National Capital Region.