Why Work Here?
One word: opportunity. Our professionals embrace our "Own Your Career" philosophy – sustained growth means creating new opportunities for experienced consultants at all levels of our organization.
Learn what it means to truly own your career and be a part of a growing organization with a big, bold future.
MorganFranklin’s Public Sector practice provides critical support to DoD, Civilian, and State & Local government agencies. We work on large scale and high-impact projects that address operations, technology, finance, logistics, and risk—all of which are vital to mission success, infrastructure, policies and initiatives.
What Will You Do?
- Provide a full range of services that will use your educational background, experience, and organizational skills while serving the firm's dynamic public sector client base.
- Support firm practice, solution, and business development initiatives.
- Drive problem solving and fact finding, while working side by side with experienced team members, management, and client leadership.
- As a Financial Manager, your responsibilities may include:
- Independently apply advanced technical expertise and skills to implement business solutions.
- Provide direction to project teams and interact with FM&C and Government clients at the Branch and Division Head Level.
- Establish priorities and work effectively to initiate correspondence and task completion. Flexibly multi-task coordination and support across multiple efforts and organizations.
- Communicate with key client personnel to ensure shared understanding of business operations, processes, and functions.
- Prepare presentations, briefings, and be actively involved in client meetings and day-to-day interactions.
- Establish professional rapport with clients and other organizations across the global predominantly through teleconferences and email correspondence.
- Perform analysis of business processes, develop and design plans and approaches to improve the commands’ internal controls and systems environment to identify risks.
- Review business process documents to ensure that associated laws, regulations, policies, standard operating procedures, internal control (manual and automated), and general ledger impacts are reasonable, fully documented and cover the entire process.
- Examine the objectives of operating procedures and internal controls that ensure the availability, integrity, confidentiality and effectiveness of company/agency information as well as related applications and operating systems.
- Research, develop, and test internal controls related to OMB A-123 and financial improvement and audit concepts.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of operational and financial controls to identify areas of improvement and best practices.
- Develop Corrective Action Plans (CAPs), monitor CAP implementation and perform root cause analysis to address findings/deficiencies/lessons learned identified during internal reviews and audits.
- Review work products to ensure technical accuracy, deliverable quality, and overall value to client.
- Research new accounting pronouncements and identify opportunities to improve client internal controls, accounting procedures, financial statement and overall operational efficiency.
- Maintain relationships and communicate with key client personnel to understand business operations, processes, and functions.
- Attend appropriate training, business seminars and/or conferences to stay current with technical skills that align with the firm’s direction and changes in the industry.
- Assist in the development and execution of MorganFranklin’s Consulting’s strategic growth initiatives.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Experience in financial statement compilation and reporting process as well as audit response and remediation in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards (SFFAS).
- 7+ years of financial statement compilation, reporting process, audit response and remediation experience DoD agencies within the past 10 years, with 3 years in a managerial capacity.
- Ability to own work product development and demonstrate initiative and accountability for assigned task areas, effectively coordinating with and across various organizations.
- Professional services experience and/or experience supporting public sector clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of Navy or DoD policies, systems, procedures, financial management, and organizational structures.
- CISA, CIA, CDFM, CGFM, PMP, or MBA.
- Experience with accounting and audit initiatives including journal vouchers, general ledger accounts, internal control reviews, substantive testing, and corrective action plan creation.
- Experience with data visualization tools, including Tableau
- Experience with business development and proposal development process.