Document Control Specialist - I
Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Document Control Specialist-I for our client in Irwindale, CA
Job Title: Document Control Specialist-I
Job Location: Irwindale, CA
Job Type: ontract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Defines the responsibilities and qualifications needed to perform job responsibilities and duties for a Contract Coordinator.
- Job Family: KSN Job Code:
- Under general supervision, complies and maintains control records and related files to releaseblueprints, drawings, and engineering documents of moderate scope and importance to manufacturing and other operating departments by performing the following duties.
- Responsible for completing daily Doc Services activities such as the creation and release of Engineering Change Orders and labeling; and maintenance of the training process.
- Confers with documents originators or engineering liaison personnel to resolve discrepancies and compiles required changes to documents.
- Enters engineering data into cPDM
- Assists customers in coordinating engineering change orders
- Assist in training Change Control Authors with Change Control procedures and requirements
- Assist Documentation Supervisor with improvement and standardization of Document Change Control processes.
- Follows all standard operating procedures
- Develop engineering change orders packages
- Manage and monitor training quality system elements as needed
- Maintains effective change and version control of all documents.
- Support NDP pipeline projects
- Perform other duties assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Science/Engineering or Bachelor’s degree with 3years of combined experience in related area
- Direct experience in Quality Systems within medical device industry is preferred
- Experience with a variety of software programs, specifically JD Edwards, PLM systems or labeling software is preferred.
- Hands-on experience using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Hands-on experience using Adobe Professional
- Knowledge of software system dependencies and data management.
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent time management
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and rapidly shift priorities
- Ability to quickly adapt and navigate various technology and computer software.
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of management
- Home office
- Limited travel
- Ability to work weekends and “off hours” as needed to support customer needs
- All employees have a duty to care for their safety and for the safety of others whom may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Therefore it is the duty of every employee to:
- Respect and apply safety rules and procedures at all times
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety devices as required
- Promote industrial hygiene and safety matters
- Report incidents and damages to management whether injuries are involved or not
- Participate in incident investigation
- Report hazards to management
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping in the work area
- Be a safety role-model to all employees
- Make suggestions to improve safety at the workplace
- Actively participate in department safety committee