??We are looking for Document Control Specialist for our client in Houston, TX
Job Title: Document Control Specialist
Job Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The document controller will work within a multi-functional team to maintain the integrity of documents as they are transmitted back and forth between each of the sites and the EP Contractor.
- The document controller will also assist with naming of files, requesting drawings from the sites, and assisting the engineering staff with closeout and turnover at the completion of the projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Interfacing with all client sites, as well as several contractors
- Accessing and requesting drawings from site contacts or intranet sites
- Inputting meta-data, uploading and downloading to and from the document control system, (SharePoint)
- Inputting data into Excel spreadsheets and document logs sheets
- Preparation of documents for scanning and uploading. Proofreading engineering documents for accuracy
- Ensure uploaded documents are correct, complete, and readable compared to the original
- Tracking and reporting status, issues, and consistency metrics to management
- Participating in cost engineering and project services team meetings as required
- Assistance with updates in document control procedures, practices, and work instructions as needed
- Training engineering team members on SharePoint tasks and search options as needed
- This role will be accountable for the implementation of existing document control specifications.
- This role will be accountable for tracking contractor and vendor deliverables throughout the project lifecycle (recording revisions, revision purposes, distribution and transmittal histories).
- This role will be accountable for the reliability, irretrievability and traceability of the project data.
- Ensuring that each applicable metadata field is accurately updated and maintained in each Master Deliverables Register
- Preparing and implementing squad checking documentation in accordance with procedure and distribution matrices.
- Preparing accurate status reporting based upon the metadata designations and submitting at the determined frequency (per project basis).
- Alignment with the Document Control standards and ensuring any deviations due to project-specific needs are controlled and traceable.
- Providing back-up document control support as needed on other projects
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel 2007.
- Experience with, and comprehension of, deliverables management (revision control, deliverables registers, squad checking and libraries.
- Experience with, and comprehension of, transmittals and correspondence management.
- Experience in implementing document management systems to support physical and electronic environments.
- Ability to converse and convey ideas, facts and issues clearly, accurately, coherently and professionally to a diverse project team.
- Education- High School Diploma/GED
- SharePointexperience is a must. At least 1-3 years are required
- 5-7 years of document control experience
- Excellent teamwork skills as well as ability to work independently within strict time restraints.
- Effective communication skills and ability to interface effectively with management and team members
- Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro)
- Knowledge of Project Closeout and Turnover activities
- Well organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task