Industry: Energy / Oil & Gas•
8 - 10 years
Posted 422 days ago
Position Reports To: Sr. Quality Manager
Position Summary: Directs team of Document Control specialists with responsibilities for integrated projects documentation, administration and coordination of key project deliverables for global Total Solutions integrated projects. This includes maintenance of critical reports, updating of project website, organization of key contract documents and drawings, handling cost data, and coordinating with other functions necessary for the successful execution of projects. Performs the following duties directly or through subordinate employees:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage and maintain an electronic filing system for required documentation by specific large integrated jobs/project
· Provide coordination for the integrated project documentation hand-off from QC, receiving, engineering, etc.
· Maintains and updates Quality measurement tools by entering acquired data to track performance
· Maintains and organizes required standard forms
· Contribute to or participate in various Quality Improvement teams as assigned.
· Maintains an attitude conducive to progress through positive change, continuous improvement, and an active contribution to the teamwork concepts
· Lead training and employee improvement/development within the Total Solutions Document Control team with a view toward maximizing competency, efficiency, and retention.
· Supervise direct reports including interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; measuring, rewarding and disciplining employees.
§ Coaches others in the development of their skills.
Required Skills or Tools:
· Organization and priority setting skills
· Proactively identifies areas for process improvements within the organization and recommends and implements improvements
· Possesses advanced computer skills
· Experience with Microsoft software, MS Excel, MS Word, Internet Explorer, etc.; also imaging/document creation software such as Adobe Acrobat, etc.
· A team player; can function well in a matrix organization.
· Leadership skills
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university (required)
· Eight plus years in document controls; minimum of three years experience in managing staff
· Must be able to work in an often times fast paced work environment.
· Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.