STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit. Throughout the United States and in Canada, STV’s professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management, and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional and commercial building, advanced technology, industrial and defense markets.
STV’s team of construction professionals provides flexible, focused construction management and technical services to public and private sector clients. Managing projects that range from $100,000 to hundreds of millions of dollars nationwide, our construction management specialists are complemented by an experienced architectural and engineering design staff. As an added value to our clients, we also provide cost estimating, scheduling and value engineering services in-house. It is this seamless integration of multidisciplinary capabilities that sets us apart from other firms.
We currently have an opening in Los Angeles, CA office for a Document Control Lead in our Construction Management division.
This Document Control Manager should be interested in construction and skilled in the use of technology to complete their day to day tasks. They should be able to communicate well with a large team in order to coordinate and complete multiple responsibilities on a deadline.
- Assist PM/PE in monitoring submittals on the project. Create and maintain submittal logs in Prolog and control paper and digitaldistribution to project engineers for review.
- Assist PM/PE with LEED tracking by maintaining tracking logs and LEED website. Control paper and digitaldistribution of LEED submittals to reviewer.
- Maintain project contract drawings and digital planroom. Post updates in management and field office. Create and update drawing logs in Prolog.
- Setup and maintain subcontractor status logs in Prolog. Coordinate with prequalification coordinator, contract administrator, and project administrator to monitor subcontract issuance and insurance certificate approvals and expiration.
- Coordinate with project administrator and project manager to enact corporate filing and digital document management programs. Perform periodic reviews to ensure compliance.
- Maintain project website with updated project information and photographs.
- As required by the project manager, take meeting minutes, enter into Prolog, and distribute to required project team members.
- Support PM/PE in the subcontracting process by contacting bidders, ensuring required documents are delivered, and maintaining bidder logs.
- Compile data required for monthly report into consistent format and assist project manager in assembling the report.
Job Skills & Abilities
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Prolog, or ability to learn and implement within 30 days of hire
- Understanding of commercial construction industry
- Can understand drawings and specifications
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Functions effectively as part of team
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Construction Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, with progressive increases in responsibility.