Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Banfield aspires to be a practice where as a team, we make a positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and the field of veterinary medicine.
We believe hiring doctors with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, permits us to deliver to the highest quality of preventive care for each pet and client.
Banfield's veterinarians apply their extraordinary passion, skills, and education, at every practice location. We support and depend on our veterinarians to use their expertise in a way that benefits pets, clients, hospital teams, and the communities we serve.
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced veterinarian looking for a change, a new beginning at Banfield means an open door to explore the next best move in your professional veterinary career.
Are you ready to dedicate yourself to helping us advance veterinary medicine across our practice and throughout the industry?
- Practice in accordance to state practice act and principles of veterinary medical ethics
- Leverage evidence-based medicine and continue pursuit of education to deliver quality patient care
- Devote yourself to the culture of preventive care and Optimum Wellness Plans
- Adopt and positively impact new veterinary standards and guidelines
- Deliver medical and surgical treatments with formulary approved pharmaceuticals, supplies, and equipment, in accordance with Banfield's Medical Quality Standards
- Partner with clients as an advocate for the pet to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the lifelong health of their pets
- Maintain relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems, including Banfield's database, PetWare, designed to obtain data for population research
- Foster an effective veterinary support team by communicating medical standards, ethical practices, and your veterinary knowledge and experience
- Exemplify the Mars Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom
- State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date.
- A State Controlled Substance (SCS) License may be required by the state in which you intend to work. If you do not already hold an SCS, Banfield encourages you to obtain this license after your start date as the practice may reimburse this cost.
- Once an associate has obtained their SCS, Banfield will apply and pay for your DEA License.
- New associates will be required to take their state USDA Accreditation class by the time they reach the 12-week mark from their hire date.
Deliver medical and surgical treatments with formulary approved pharmaceuticals, supplies, and equipment, in accordance with Banfield's Medical Quality Standards
Partner with clients as an advocate for the pet to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the lifelong health of their pets