What You'll Do
In this role, you will be passionate about working to develop the DNA solutions and services portfolio for vertical markets. This role requires a deep understanding of Cisco’s solutions and an ability to stay current as new features are developed. The focus of this role is to develop services and reference designs that allow our customers to leverage a unified network assurance approach across domains. This role needs to be able to
- Communicate with roles ranging from individual contributor focused resources to IT/Line of Business Executives.
- Collaborate with Internal Cisco BE teams, technical services and advanced services delivery to drive customer requirements and ensure complete solution development.
Who You'll Work With
A focused team of talented solution architects committed to innovation. In addition to the direct team you’ll need to effectively facilitate joint initiatives with multi-functional teams (Sales, Business Development, Product Managers and BE) as well as key customer engagements. Build strong relationships inside and outside of the team that challenge them to see their business differently. Building Winning Capability within Cisco - Focusing on collaboratively contributing to the long-term success of US Enterprise and Cisco through the sharing of standard methodologies and becoming engaged in mentorship activities. Consistently striving to improve and reinvent yourself.
Who You Are
You know how to provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions. You understand business requirements for customer base and you are able to translate them into technical requirements. You understand and can articulate Cisco's Architectures and Services. You build, present and document technical solutions, best practice and methodologies that can be applied to designs, deployments and operations within a broad customer base. You perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects. You provide consultative support to other Team Specialists and broader delivery team to scale the services support function. You exhibit leadership and are viewed as a leader by senior management, peers, partners, company, and customers. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team(s) and/or Solutions Team(s).
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Experience with Enterprise network routing, switching, and Wi-Fi architectures.
- Experience with logical network design models (L2/L3, WAN, Network Optimization, Spanning tree, VFR, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec).
- Experience with Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine), as well as Trustsec and Stealthwatch.
- Working technical knowledge of advanced Layer 2 technologies (LISP and VXLAN)
- Strong knowledge IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, DMVPN, WAAS and MPLS).
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Validated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- 10+ years related experience.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.