Are you a self-starter, a go-getter, and a deal maker? At Cox Automotive Retail Solutions, you will find a culture that rewards such entrepreneurial spirit. We empower our team members to make their own decisions for growing our business. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
The person in this role will be accountable for the sales of Dealertrack DMS, or our dealer management system, to franchise car dealerships. Additionally, the Regional Sales Manager will be accountable for generating and maximizing sales revenue and increasing DMS customers. The person in this role will be assigned to open territories or territories without adequate coverage from existing Regional Sales Managers.
The ability to negotiate with car dealers, as well as having product expertise of the DMS – a bundled information package with software that aides in running the various parts of a car dealership, such as finance, sales, parts, inventory and administration – is crucial in this role
- Use the Challenger based selling approach to manage and successfully close complex sales opportunities.
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to provide feedback to clients on industry trends, strategies and challenges.
- Partner with client stakeholders to build consensus for CA Retail Solutions products within their organization.
- Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
- Discuss, present, and demonstrate key advantages of the Dealertrack DMS solution to the customer
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue sales goals as set by the region and or division
- Backfill open territories or existing territories, as needed
- Partner with Regional Sales Manager to develop customer relationships with new and existing dealers
- Build trusted relationships with decision makers at the dealership; Dealer Principals, Controllers, and General Managers
- Performs other duties as required
- Travel warrior - Frequent travel in designated sales territories and divisions. 75%
- Phone warrior
- Understanding and demonstration of Challenger skills preferred
- Ability to tailor communication to the client’s needs
- Effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to systematically solves problem and hypothesize possible client pain points, expectations, and needs
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable, not required
- 3-5 years of experience in sales selling DMS products to car dealerships
- Knowledge and sales experience of DMS solutions or similar products used in the automotive industry (Reynolds and Reynolds, ADP, UCS)
- The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the auto dealership departments and its processes
- Must have the ability to present the Dealertrack DMS application face-to-face with potential customers
- Previous experience in managing a multi-state sales territory is preferred
- Must have the ability to close sales opportunities and maintain a long-term trusted relationship with customer
- Must have above average computer skills
- Highly organized