This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Sales. The purpose of this role is to work directly with the Emerging Sales Representatives sales team and sales contractors to support them in new business acquisition, cross selling and others sales driven activities to generate incremental revenue to the Central Canada sales channel.
- Manage the Emerging Sales Representatives and/or other positions to proactively identify sales opportunities within an assigned region.
- Lead through example by creating aggressive sales strategies to build market share.
- Meet regularly with select third party partners to build and expand relationships.
- Hire, review performance and potential disciplinary requirements as required.
- Assist with senior management presentations.
- Apply a consistently high level of communication and knowledge to resolve all day to day administrative and key operational issues, including customer problem resolution, implementation schedules.
- Aggressively erode market share from direct competition to drive revenue past targets and increase merchant count beyond market growth as identified by card networks.
- Contribute to a balanced portfolio of merchants in all areas of acceptance: face to face, mobile point of sale (MPOS), CNP (card not present), and e-Commerce, further positioning Global Payments as an industry leader in Canada.
- Meet and exceed revenue objectives and maintain acceptable spread or profit margin on services.
- Develop and close new business opportunities within small to medium enterprise market merchants.
- Develop/maintain a strong prospect pipeline and prospect targeted new account list.
- Negotiate contracts to win new business in line with organizational objectives.
- Hire, train and continuously develop sales personnel.
- Identify coaching and training opportunities to build industry leading hunter sales professionals.
- Business, Sales or Marketing educational background.
- Experience in the payment processing industry is valued.
- Working knowledge of Web based interfaces is beneficial.
- University degree, preferably with focus on Business, Sales or Marketing.
- 3-5 years experience managing people.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Highly organized, focused individual who excels in relationship building, which is critical to the success of this position.
- Professional, self-starter with strong interpersonal skills is a must to succeed in this role.
- Strong people manager with vision and strong leading skills.
- Superior problem resolution and analytical skills.