At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is currently looking for a Federal Program Manager with a focus on asset management and military planning to join our team. This individual will be responsible for marketing new and existing clients and project execution supporting asset management and planning projects with a specific focus on projects at military installations. Marketing efforts include development of client specific and strategic marketing plans, technical and cost proposal development and client meetings. Projects under this program include building and infrastructure condition assessments, master plans, sustainability plans, net zero energy (or water or waste) plans, or other related planning or asset management efforts. This individual will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise in one or more particular areas of these projects. Manages scope and budget on the projects as well as providing technical reviews, writing analysis, and quality control. Coordinates input to program development and execution efforts from other subject matter experts. HDR has a long history of working with the Defense Logistics Agency which is the primary client focus for this position, in addition to other Federal agencies
In the role of Program Manager, we'll count on you to:
• Lead, direct, develop and market program pursuits that deal with opportunities from policy and strategic planning to programming and conceptual design
• Direct multiple consultants
• Develop guidelines and performance specs for bidding
• Establish sequencing of project development and execution from financing to completion
• Oversee development, maintenance and delivery of technologies and services to clients
• Develop and apply processes and tools to ensure cost-effective application of technologies and services
• Identify emerging technologies needed to be competitive in the future
• Work closely with marketing staff and other program managers to identify needs to meet market drivers and/or create new markets
• Maximize the business class profitability
• Ensure execution of business development activities, including client service systems and relationships, to achieve overall objectives
• Take responsibility for strategic clients and projects, long-term systems and resource allocation
• Develop and implement company's technology, standards, project delivery practices, facilities, equipment and tools
• Perform other duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, or in a related field
• Professional registration/certification, i.e. RA, PE, AICP, LEED AP, CEM, etc.
• 10+ years project and program management-related experience in appropriate discipline
• Expertise in one or more following areas (master planning, facilities management, energy efficiency, conservation, renewable energy, water resources management and/or LEED).
• Knowledge and experience of Department of Defense facilities planning and management criteria and Federal mandates and executive orders related to sustainability and planning such as EO13693 and EISA, etc.
• Familiarity with doing business with Federal clients and experience with Department of Defense projects
• Proven marketing and business development skills with contacts/relationships in respective program areas
• Previous experience managing staff, clients and contracts, and hiring staff for an engineering consulting firm
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• DOD Public Works experience – related to facilities and infrastructure planning and management
• Other Federal agency facilities operations and maintenance and capital planning experience
• Experience in the development of sustainability and master plans at the community and/or installation level and related concepts
• 10+ years of business development, planning, engineering, or design with at least 5 years focused supporting DOD or similar Federal clients.
• Actively involved in related local or national organizations.