Delek US Holdings, Inc. is a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. The refining assets consist of refineries operated in Tyler and Big Spring, Texas, El Dorado, Arkansas and Krotz Springs, Louisiana with a combined nameplate crude throughput capacity of 302,000 barrels per day.
The logistics operations primarily consist of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek US Holdings, Inc.and its affiliates own approximately 63% (including the 2 percent general partner interest) of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE:DKL) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets.
The convenience store retail business is the largest 7-Eleven licensee in the United States and operates approximately 300 convenience stores in central and west Texas and New Mexico.
The Senior Manager of Midstream Operations Engineering is responsible for providing technical oversight and direction to new and existing assets associated with the Company’s hazardous liquids midstream pipelines, terminals, facilities, trucking stations, and loading racks. The Senior Manager will be responsible for supervising and mentoring direct reports, engineers, specialists, and subject matter experts in various fields, including pipeline hydraulics, facilities design, hydrocarbon measurement, field-based pipeline engineers, standards development, technical writing, operations improvement, system optimization, and preventative maintenance programs. The Senior Manager will regularly interface with other senior leaders within Logistics Engineering, and will ultimately be responsible for seeking alignment from those disciplines to meet department objectives. The Senior Manager must balance the needs of various internal customers with frequently conflicting and overlapping priorities. They must routinely interface with other Logistics operating units to seek out improvement and optimization objectives, as well as consult Capital Projects teams responsible for the development and construction of new greenfield assets and major brownfield facility upgrades and expansions.
Description & Responsibilities
- Manage a team of 4-7 direct reports from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Seek out and champion development of expense and capital projects that are in the interest of the operations improvement of Delek Logistics’ existing and expanding asset base.
- Chair the Operations Improvement Team, a collaborative committee made up of Operations and Engineering personnel assigned to review past incidents, audit unscheduled interruptions, challenge the status quo, address recurring issues, and execute recommendations.
- Provide significant contribution to Delek Logistics I-STEP program, a collaborative bi-annual face-to-face summit of hourly and salaried leaders within Integrity, Safety, Terminals, Engineering, and Pipeline departments.
- Oversee Logistics Engineering’s field-based engineering staff, who will primarily be responsible for executing small capital projects, oversee document retention, provide technical guidance, troubleshoot operational issues, and act as advocate and conduit to Logistics Engineering policies and procedures.
- Oversee Logistics Engineering’s hydraulics engineering desk, which will be responsible for providing to capital projects models and simulations for proposed or future pipeline and facilities expansion and optimization projects.
- Oversee Logistics Engineer’s hydrocarbon measurement desk, which will be responsible for supporting and assisting operations with over/short calculations, traceability, accuracy, equipment selection, equipment specifications, operating standards, and leak detection initiatives.
- Co-lead and co-champion Logistics standards and procedures development committees, utilizing personal and departmental knowledge and resources as needed.
- Manage department operating budget
- Make recommendations to upper management towards the development and direction of the Operations Engineering department
- Provide as-needed support to other Delek Logistics departments seeking engineering subject matter expertise on special projects, emergency response, audits, and standards and procedures development.
- Oversee direct reports to manage small-to-mid sized ($10M-$10MM) capital or operating projects, as assigned.
Requirements – Skills/Knowledge/Abilities
- 7-10 years of hazardous liquids midstream pipeline industry experience is preferred, or 10+ years of refining, petrochemical, gas midstream, or upstream oil & gas experience required
- At least 2 years of demonstrated direct-report supervision
- College graduate with a four-year Bachelor’s Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited program
- Deep knowledge of API and related industry standards and best practices
- Willing to attend and participate industry-sponsored conferences, seminars, training, and summits.
- Working knowledge of PHMSA regulations, DOT Part 195, TX Railroad Commission, ASME B31.3 and B31.4 design standards, and API Recommended Practices
- Overnight travel to company locations and facilities for meetings, training, special projects, emergency planning, or information gathering will be required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC card
- Must be willing to submit to DOT random drug & alcohol screening