Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and maintain a land strategy that targets predetermined product types and submarkets and acquisition types (bulk raw, option finished, etc.).
- Consults with the Division President regarding strategic planning and assists finance personnel in preparation of the division’s annual business plan
- Monitors land use and fee issues in jurisdictions within the division market area
- Source, negotiate and contract acquisitions consistent with the land strategy.
- Conducts general market research focusing on regional employment, demographics, sales volume and competition
- Achieve LAR approved metrics for communities by achieving first sale, opening month, sales pace, ASP, and margin requirements.
- Complete LAR submittals, with well-thought out risks and opportunities; complete responsibility for the LAR process for the division.
- Execute land sales as per plan.
- Maintain applicable operating metrics.
- Recruits, hires, evaluates, trains, develops and retains a productive and highly engaged land acquisition
- department. Manage Land Acquisition staff if applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience
- College graduate, with degree in engineering, architecture, construction or planning required. PE preferred.
- Seven (7) to (10) years of experience working in positions of increasing responsibility related to land acquisition such as land brokerage, market research, financial analysis, forward planning, real estate development, construction project management; and to construction and/or development with knowledge of engineering drawings and setting schedules for development.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong leadership, project management, and budgeting skills required
- Ability to interact at the Senior Leadership Level of the organization
- Strong networking skills and relationship building
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate market data into community concepts
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements/documents, prepare acquisition packages and create & implement work plans
- Ability to craft and present presentations
- Ability to provide thoughtful risk assessments on market viability, construction costs and building rights
- Ability to direct numerous professional consultants through acquisition
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of and ability to negotiate complex legal documents
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Position may require flexible work hours and some travel
- Typical office environment.
- Construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion.