The Director Simulation and Technology is responsible for all simulation and technology based education within the Division Clinical Education Service Line. This includes creating a shared programmatic vision in the planning, designing, implementing, and evaluating simulation based learning across the continuum from standardized patients through high-fidelity simulators. This position will be knowledgeable and forward thinking with regard to emerging innovations in the fields of education, healthcare, and technology.
- Cultivates a superior clinical identity by identifying and implementing evidence-based practices to advance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensures adherence to standards of care.
- Manages variation in clinical practice to improve efficiency, effectiveness and cost. Ensures a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- Stays abreast of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations and designations and actively pursues efforts to achieve.
- Stays abreast of legal and regulatory standards and ensures compliance. Develops and implements policies, procedures and practices in compliance with all legal/regulatory standards
- Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Utilizes evidence-based simulation models to design, implement, evaluate, and standardize educational programs for staff in the use of clinical simulation, debriefing and assessment.
- Provides leadership in attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience. Instills accountability for providing consistent positive patient interactions that differentiates the organization as a healthcare leader.
- Leverages various feedback mechanisms to benchmark performance and identify opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction. Develops and implements strategies to elevate the patient experience.
- Responsible for the use of the Simulation Lab and equipment; provides consultation and orientation to instructors regarding simulation laboratory procedures, location and use of materials, and the operation of equipment.
- Fosters a culture that inspires commitment to the vision, mission, and values of the organization. Ensures employees are recognized, valued, and supported. Develops and implements strategies to elevate employee engagement.
- Identifies development opportunities or training needs of individual employees and teams. Provides coaching, feedback and training to improve performance.
- Builds a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, engaging and retaining talent. Ensures people with the right skills and motivations are in the right role, at the right time, to meet business needs.
- Responsible for working with various stakeholders to develop curricula used for simulation experiences, standardized patient exercises, and competency-based assessments.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion or development of new services and product lines to promote growth. Identifies stakeholder engagement strategies, technology advances and other opportunities to drive differentiation and increase volume.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion or development of new services and product lines to promote growth. Identifies stakeholder engagement strategies, technology advances and other opportunities to drive differentiation and increase volume; this includes growing business in the Simulation Center
- Represents the organization positively within the community; participates in company-supported community/patient events and in-services.
- Participates in the annual budget process including input into department revenue and expense forecasts, staffing, supply, and equipment needs. Monitors department budget performance, identifies trends and evaluates variances in relation to established budget. Develops and implements actions to address performance gaps.
- Ensures effective labor management, including position control, scheduling excellence, productivity management, and premium pay utilization. Maintains staffing to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Manages operating expenses including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Education required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an acute care facility required
- 2+ years of experience in education with simulation experience required.