What's cool about this job
We’re searching for a visionary leader with a passion for creating compelling customer experiences. In this role, you will take an active role in defining retail strategy and priorities to accelerate the co-op’s transformation to win in a mobile-first world. Always putting customers at the center, you will lead the way in building a future where REI’s retail stores are not only commerce and fulfillment hubs, but centers for experience, playing a pivotal role in helping enable an outdoor life for all. You can envision a path forward and articulate a roadmap which will inspire the organization to action. In this role, you will provide thought leadership and partners with business leaders throughout the co-op to bring the vision to life.
The DVP Retail (one of two roles) reports to the Sr. Vice President of Retail and is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience across multiple offerings and channels through the stores in their geographic location. You will lead the evolution of stores to solidify REI as the authority of what’s new, innovative, relevant and exclusive in product, experiences, and storytelling.
- Partnering with senior leaders across the organization, lead the definition and delivery of strategic roadmap to enhance customer experience and accelerate store performance and productivity.
- Understand the competitive environment and identify leading ideas to incorporate into co-op strategy and approach.
- Define strategy, investment plan, and road map to drive sustainable, profitable growth focusing on increasing Total Market Sales; Market Profitability; Member acquisition and retention; Comp store sales and Four-wall contribution of retail stores.
- Deliver results and advance the strategic direction by ensuring day-to-day operations run smoothly through district and store teams.
- Drive decision making, demonstrate agility and show courage in taking risks.
- Work with cross-divisional teams to build consensus on strategic objectives, goals and operational plan.
- Model the way for proactive collaboration and championing what is best for the co-op, while advocating strongly for the retail organization.
- Be a talent champion by actively mentoring and developing an exceptional team, ensuring that the co-op is an inclusive place for our employees and members, and creating a strong and diverse talent pipeline.
- Define and drive organizational goals which balance the delivery of new customer offerings, ongoing operational requirements and a continuous improvement agenda.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 7+ years in regional leadership experience
- Experience with significant P&L responsibility
- Proven success in leading multi-million sales volumes within multi-site environment
- Strong knowledge of retail technology platforms and systems
- Must possess strong analytical skills to assess data, facts and figures used to develop strategies designed to improve the business
- Proven ability to influence effectively towards outcomes across divisions and with sr leaders
- Track-record of coaching, mentoring, developing, directing, motivating and driving employees’ peak performance
- Management of Managers; broad multi-regional leadership of indirect reports
This role will be based in Kent, Washington. This role will travel frequently. Expect 25-50% travel time.