Description Summary: EnvoyHealth’s Divisional Vice President, Pharma Services will lead the prospecting, qualification, and close of new business and the growth of current clients. This role will partner with leadership to set short- and long-term business development strategies against company-wide targets, as well as actively mine a new business pipeline, generate leads, and contributes to the development of the capabilities narrative to raise the profile of EnvoyHealth. The Divisional Vice President, Pharma Services will work closely with Industry Relations, Pharma Account Management, Marketing, and Operations for the tactical positioning and sales of the service offering to pharmaceutical companies, health care services organizations, health care providers and with internal operational leads to develop, launch, and manage fee-for-service solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Proactively lead the identification of, research, and overall management of the potential client prospect list.
2. Prospect and contact appropriate business executives to obtain appointments, analyze business needs, and manage the sales process.
3. Identify and develop differentiated fee-for-service business solutions for pharmaceutical companies, health care services organizations, and health care providers.
4. Move client prospects through the sales cycle, from consideration to engagement, to ongoing services expansion.
5. Responsible for the opportunity evaluation process by leading cross functional teams in operations, finance, legal, regulatory and compliance, IT, marketing, and others as determined.
6. Achieve quarterly and annual sales revenue and profit goals.
7. Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and business projections as well as the short and long term business plan of EnvoyHealth.
8. Oversee the internal process for responding to proposals and preparing for pitches.
9. Contribute to the development of marketing materials, including capabilities, demos, case studies, and collateral material.
10. Maintain insight to the developmental trends within the industry relating to new service opportunities and the competitor landscape.
11. Maintain open and effective lines of communication with managers, employees, vendors, suppliers and customers.
12. All other duties as assigned. Requirements Education/Experience:
● Master’s degree in business, life sciences, or related fields, minimum 10 years’ experience;
● Professional client-facing skills;
● Full comprehension of client businesses;
● Quantifiable track record of lead generation, pitches and wins, including management of a sales team;
● Experienced in financial analysis and program P&L modeling;
● Track record in negotiating commitments and timelines from external and internal parties;
● Proven ability to establish strategies that create or sustain competitive advantage.
● Degree from College of Pharmacy (Doctor of Pharmacy degree preferred), over 10 years of related experience and 5+ years of health care services experience;
● Pharmaceutical market access, pricing and reimbursement, knowledge and experiences;
● Knowledge and experience with patient support hub and reimbursement and/or health care contact centers; pharmacy licensing for dispensing, wholesale, and 3rd party logistics;
● Research or CRO experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are a representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Proven delivery of results with an uncompromised commitment to achievement of end goals;
● Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit;
● Knowledge of the competitive dynamics in the health care services industry;
● Demonstrates leadership qualities;
● Proven track record of managing multiple projects and/or programs concurrently;
● Hold oneself to the highest standards of client focus;
● Knowledge of legal matters related to contracts;
● Prior experience successfully managing and developing direct reports.
Manages the overall direction of efforts related to EnvoyHealth’s pharma services business development activities focusing on the execution of strategic objectives to meet financial goals and new business initiatives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Requisition Number 17-0489