As the Vice President of Facilities, we will look to you to promote our CHIEF core values of compassion, humility, integrity, excellence and fun. The DVPFM is responsible for facilities and maintenance within the assigned division.
- Possesses strong social and communication skills, writing skills, negotiation skills and problem solving skills representative of the Community Support Center Facilities Department.
- Identifies, develops and implements protocols, policy and procedure as well as measurement tools that monitor the effectiveness of initiatives, regulatory compliance, patient satisfaction, patient safety and department management plans.
- Requires a proficiency level typically achieved in several years of progressive experience in facilities services including leadership experience, preferably in healthcare. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of building codes, materials and standards, and interpret blue prints.
- Evaluates and implements "Best Practices" and ensures that all the policies and procedures are followed in relation to construction technology, building and life safety codes, regulatory compliance, work standards, codes and safety regulations.
- Develops and implements protocols for compliance of all areas of responsibility including infrastructure, utility management, life safety, maintenance and code compliance with all authorities having jurisdiction.
- Develops a Business Plan for individual business unit objectives.
- Proven developer of talent and growing internal associates.
- Communicates the company vision, mission and values.
- Interior Designers on renovation projects that include review of scopes, finish schedules and product specifications.
- Improves spend management, continues to drive savings, drives compliance to new and existing national agreements, maintains the annual capital budgets for the department and company communities, ensuring proper control and appropriate improvement plans are in place.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Experience in a relevant discipline (i.e., management, business or mechanical engineering) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a Regional Facilities Director in a healthcare or asset management setting
- Demonstrates a collaborative role with divisional teams and leadership skills for a successful regional team
- Possesses project management capabilities with demonstrated prior experience
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing the growth of facilities and developing the necessary facilities teams to support the growth. This includes prior experience managing facilities maintenance personnel such as: HVAC Engineers, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers and Facilities Technicians
- Must have 3-5 years prior experience managing the environmental health and safety function and personnel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as ERP systems for reporting. Additional preference for knowledge and use of project management software and ERP systems
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must demonstrate effective leadership (e.g., people management) skills for managing a function including performance management, career development and coaching of engineers and other contributing positions
- Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives by working in and with cross-functional and multi-cultural teams
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position
- 10 to fifteen years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in electrical repairs, plumbing or carpentry
- Ability to manage and mentor other personnel in the performance of maintenance and repair functions
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry
- Exhibits working knowledge of all necessary local, state, and federal safety regulations related to building maintenance and codes
- Possesses requisite abilities to understand analytical reports
- Ability to work with vendors/outside contractors to obtain and compare bids and qualifications
- Upholds the principles of our mission: to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Expresses compassion for residents, staff and guests on a consistent basis
- Maintains humility
- Engages others in fun and creative activities
- Strives for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Works with integrity in all interactions