The following is a brief description of responsibilities to be performed by the Divisional Merchandise Manager. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for meeting planned sales, gross margin and inventory turnover goals for their designated areas.
- Develop and lead execution of focused merchandise assortment strategies and inventory management.
- Must have brand development and product development.
- Supervise and manage a group of Buyers and their staffs.
- Partners with Allocation, Marketing, and Visual teams to ensure correct execution of assortments in store.
- Monitors performance versus plan to identify trend opportunities.
- Manages all aspects of the merchandise offering-selection, negotiation, promotion, and disposition.
- Develops customer driven assortments that support departmental goals and key item focus.
- Provides collaborative guidance, direction and support to the planning organization in the development of financial merchandise and key item plans.
- Ensures the merchandise selection matches customer needs.
- Ensures merchandise mix balances quantity, style, size and price consistent with the company and individual market requirements.
- Attend relevant trade shows, markets and events to observe market trends, gather product information, selects merchandise, and establishes business relationships with viable vendors.
- Visits stores to evaluate merchandise mix, observes competition, weighs individual store needs and translate findings into executable product plans.
- Develops and maintains relationships with vendors.
- Interacts with the vendor community within company’s standards and codes of ethics.
- Partners with the Planner to complete accurate forecasts by evaluating financial information, current trends and anticipated market changes that impact buy decisions and strategies.
- Coaches and develops team to ensure growth and readiness for the next level position.
- Drives compliance and standards with processes, policies, tools, and associates within the group.
- Ensures promotional execution accuracy (pricing, signage, etc.)
- Proficient in the use of Excel and MS Word.
- Strong merchandising, product, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills.
- Retail math literacy and application of concepts to daily operations.
- Ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner and respond with timeliness.
- Able to effectively use common office equipment.
- Resourceful and able to research problems and recommend solutions.
- Numerical and analytical ability required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Trend and fashion awareness with ability to understand current trends, competition and market.
- Ability to reprioritize projects frequently.
- Must have ability to multitask.
- Independent, self-motivated, team player.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years minimum of retail Buying/Management experience in department store or specialty store chain required.
- 3 -5+ years experience in managing private label product development of Men’s Bottoms.
- High School Diplomarequired.
- Bachelors Degree from a four year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Proficient in English
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, and operate business equipment.