THE POSITION: We are looking for a Divisional Manager to oversee our growing southern Florida portfolio consisting of over 1000 units including both high rise and garden style apartments. Divisional Managers are responsible for all aspects of a group of residential properties, including budgeting, personnel, recruitment, maintenance, data processing functions, management and marketing plans, policies procedures and possibly including acquisition analysis and due diligence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise and coordinate preparation and implementation of current business plan. Set short and long range plans for each property under jurisdiction consistent with overall profit and growth objectives of the company.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of current and long-term market conditions in order to provide economic information in region to enable accurate forecasting of both short and long range plans.
- Help individuals develop skill needed to be effective team members, and promote team building.
- Perform human resource administration for all employees in assigned region accounting to company policy and procedure, and insure a competent and well-trained operation staff at all levels.
- Assure that the training program for all newly hired employees has been established and implemented.
- Monitor monthly operating statements and take corrective action to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Evaluate incoming rent schedules and availability; make appropriate adjustment and take action to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Inspect properties under jurisdiction periodically to ensure compliance with all programs and policies and take correction action to improve or eliminate unsatisfactory conditions.
- Supervise marketing plan at each property.
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors.
- Supervise maintenance program in coordination with Regional Maintenance Coordinator.
- Maintain all records of all properties and personnel under jurisdiction in accordance with company/department policy and procedure.
- Perform other responsibilities and special projects as required.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k, housing discount, career apparel, vacation, sick, and personal time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Four year college or university program certificate; and five to seven years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.