The Divisional Manager - Biomed is responsible for overall direction and execution of Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP) at the hospitals in the designated division.
Leads and builds an efficient team of Regional Managers, Area Managers, Account Managers, Account Coordinators, Biomedical Engineers, Biomed Specialists, Biomedical Technicians and Biomed Support/Interns in the Biomedical engineering department for the allocated division.
Also responsible for managing and providing direction to the Biomed Specialists who work on higher modality and Radiology/Imaging equipment in the division.
The individual is responsible for working with the Corporate Team to develop financial and operational plans for the division.
Assists in recruiting, training and developing a highly motivated and dedicated team of Regional/Account Managers.
Provides guidance, leadership and coaching to the Divisional Biomed team that aligns with Prime Healthcare’s vision, missions and goals.
Is in charge of conducting meetings at least once every month and review the progress of his/her team and ensure that it aligns with the mission and vision of the organization.
Review and approve employee time, attendance and payroll data from time sheets. Serves as the primary liaison for all Hospital Executive Leadership and the Corporate Team on all medical equipment technology issues for the division.
Directs the Biomedical Department during regulatory inspections like The Joint Commission (TJC), DNV-GL, Hospital Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP), and Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), College of American Pathologists (CAP) and any other applicable State regulatory agencies.
Responsible for communicating and ensuring compliance with changes in regulations, policies and procedures set by national and state regulatory bodies to the team.
Responsible for working with the corporate team to audit, review and negotiate contracts with OEM and third party service vendors.
In charge of allocating resources to hospitals within the division as needed to ensure smooth day to day operations.
Serves as a technical advisor to the clinical staff for the safe operation and proper use of medical equipment.
To ensure that the onsite staff including Account Managers and their employees understand and follow all company policies and procedures.
Responsible to ensure that all scheduled work is accomplished on time, customer needs are met, and the day-to-day operations impacting revenue are communicated as needed and appropriate resources are utilized to minimize any service interruptions.
Collaborates and maintains positive relationships with customers. Pride and professionalism, as well as technical expertise, must be exhibited at all times for the success of all concerned.
Maintains a department "culture" that is patient-focused and participates in teamwork, quality, integrity and professional growth upholding the Prime Healthcare Mission and Vision at all times. Provides a positive representation of Bio-Medical Services, Inc. by integrating core values into job performance.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering or related discipline with 5 years of experience or alternatively Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience required.
2. Must be able to work in very complex organization structures (combination of Administration, Engineering, Operations, IT and Medical professionals).
3. Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, electro-mechanical and electronic fundamentals, medical equipment function and operation, safety in healthcare facilities, and medical equipment troubleshooting required.
4. Experience in analyzing life-cycle of medical equipment required. In particular demonstrated knowledge in undertaking in-house maintenance/service contract assessments and asset utilization studies.
5. Process improvement skills required.
6. Strong knowledge of TJC, DNV, HFAP, CAP, NFPA, CMS, HIPAA and other applicable standards and regulations required.
7. Strong leadership, team building, coaching/staff development and interpersonal skills.
8. Strong planning and organization, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
9. Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend solution.
10. Good general business skills, high degree of confidentiality, maturity, tactfulness and business ethics. High degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity.
11. Strong written and verbal communications skills
12. Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
13. Ability to write reports and make presentations on operational and technical issues.
14. Strong computer skills (MS Office, Clinical applications, CMMS systems).
15. Ability to troubleshoot, read schematics and/or blue prints.
16. Field related technical certifications (like A+, CBET, CCE or CHTM) preferred
17. Valid driver’s license required.