As a Divisional Equipment Manager, you will oversee all activities in the purchase, rental, inventory, negotiation, maintenance, dispatch, and billing of one or more District equipment fleet and materials.
What you will be doing
- Sources all services, materials, maintenance providers and heavy equipment for projects in one or more District operations.
- Supervises and directs activities for heavy equipment and maintenance personnel.
- Negotiates contracts, purchase agreements and maintenance service to support corporate objectives and support national agreements where possible.
- Manages and monitors all heavy equipment functions for one or more District operations, including maintenance and repair scheduling, equipment delivery, etc.
- Arranges minor repairs and transportation of equipment to and from the jobsite(s) as necessary.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Analyzes equipment needs and determines equipment repair expenditures, escalating to the Director of Equipment for approval as necessary.
- Negotiates and approves short and long-term agreements within financial parameters determined by corporate policy and manager. Reviews and understands contract agreements and payment terms.
- Monitors utilization of equipment and material usage and hours to identify cost savings opportunities and cost coding accuracy. Reports utilization to division operations or project leadership within prescribed frequency to support business objectives and cost control.
- Leads inventory procedures and tracking for yards on one or more project sites.
- Recommends disposal and rental terminations for equipment based on utilization tracking.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
What we are looking for
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 7+ years Heavy Equipment Management experience required.
- Mechanical maintenance and repairs experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Equipment Management Specialists (EMS) preferred
- Proven leadership, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and tracking skills.
- Expert in corporate equipment regulations regarding licensing, registration, environmental guidelines, etc.
- Coordination and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of licensing and legal requirements regarding local and national equipment rental.
- Able to identify issues and recommend solutions to management.
- Knowledge of corporate billing software and MS Office Suite preferred.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program