Divisional Director, Warehouse Operations
The Divisional Director, Warehouse Operations is responsible for day to day operations in their home facility while managing all assigned facilities in their geographical coverage area. Responsibilities include overseeing facility projects, rentals, budgets, warehouse functions, and customer service for internal stakeholders. The Divisional Director provides leadership and strategic direction for all facilities in their service area. Directly leads cross-functional enhancement projects across their locations to strengthen network activity and drive long-term results. This includes fleet management and routing, rentals, compliance, safety, inventory control, repair, and customer service. This role will report to the National Director of Warehouse Operations.
This position can be located in Orlando or Atlanta.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Directly manage all day to day operations within the home facility.
- Oversee operations across all facilities in the geographical coverage area.
- Increase operational effectiveness by managing direct reports and communicating values, strategies, and objectives aligned with organizational goals.
- Evaluate the team’s efficiency and productivity.
- Execute strategic operational plans developed by the National Director of Warehouse Operations and review ongoing state of the operations, identify areas of opportunities, and implement solutions to achieve organizational objectives.
- Work with direct reports to improve overall service in the assigned area while driving efficiencies through process improvement and best practices including, but not limited to, order processing, QC & repair, warehouse processes, and overall logistics.
- Optimize the distribution of assets across all facilities within coverage area to increase availability and satisfy customer demand.
- Implement transportation standards that support a multi-site distributionnetwork allowing for rapid movement of assets.
- Enhance transportationsupport to increase capacity of our current fleet and speed the flow of good between facilities.
- Assemble forecasts to predict equipment demand and proactively allocate resources that minimize sub-rental costs.
- Work closely with Regional Equipment Managers to assess product utilization, demand, and implement changes to improve these areas.
- Work closely with the Asset Management team to assemble divisional capital requirements with an aim towards minimizing external costs and maximizing utilization and high-yield investments.
- Review existing quality control and repair standards and work to maximize owned inventory uptime.
- Assess current inventory levels, services, and support to assemble business cases for additional resources as needed to meet overall objectives.
- Directly manage and oversee day to day operational costs in assigned coverage areas.
- Analyze financial data to ensure assigned locations are running efficiently and within budget parameters.
- Identify variances between actual and budgeted spend and adjust priorities to meet financial goals and expectations.
- Develop guidelines and procedures for direct reports that support overall financial objectives.
- Prepare future budget forecasts and provide recommendations that improve asset profitability, service, and product mix.
Customer Service & Reporting
- Generate regional reporting packages that contain performance KPIs, customer service metrics, and pertinent updates for review by the National Director of Warehouse Operations.
- Gather feedback from field operations on service opportunities, product mix, and availability.
- Host frequent calls and in-person meetings with regional leadership teams to evaluate existing performance, discuss ongoing challenges and incorporate customer recommendations into existing processes.
Required Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent warehouse management experiencepreferred.
- 7+ years of experience in warehouse or supply chain management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with budgets and direct P&L responsibility.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet or exceed multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Analytical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Relationship Management
- Financial Acumen
Job ID 204488