Division MDS Coordinator, RN, RNAC
VA, NC & PA
As Division Director of Case Mix and MDS, you are responsible for providing assistance and education to Regional MDS/ Case Mix Coordinators and Care Center MDS Coordinators related to the MDS process and MDS software functionality. This position will work with the clinical team to help ensure compliance with all state and federal guidelines, and will monitor and report any processing deficiencies as needed. This position will supervise Regional MDS/ Case Mix Coordinators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and monitor all Case Mix and MDS activity for the District.
- Serve as the primary resource person to the Regional MDS/Case Mix Coordinators related to the MDS and Company processes.
- Provide orientation related to the MDS and Company processes to new employees and provide ongoing training as needed.
- Monitor Medicaid and Medicare performance indicators and initiate appropriate and timely action to correct deficient practices and improve exception performance areas.
- Coordinate with the clinical team to ensure compliance with all state and federal guidelines.
- Provide training of all MDS Software updates, both company initiated as well as state and federal reimbursement systems.
- Advise supervisor and appropriate departments of software support items that require program adaptations or enhancements.
- Supervise Regional MDS/ Case Mix Coordinators positions.
- Supervise work through the planning and scheduling of work assignments and the review and approval of tasks.
- Supervise work assignments and performance development (appraisal).
- Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development, and appraisal of personnel.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skills.
- Maintain expert working knowledge of the MDS/ RAI process.
- Travel to facilities as needed to evaluate facility production and train facility and regional staff.
- Review facility processing and advise Executive Director, Regional Team, and Corp Director of abnormal trends.
- Prepare and submit reports on facility operations, as required.
- Attend and/or conduct meetings, as required, to carry out responsibilities.
- Ensure adequate preparation for, and participate in regulatory compliance surveys as needed.
- Must stay in compliance with all state, federal, and government agencies. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Embrace Consulateâ€™s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion and incorporate them into daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must posses a valid license as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice. Completion of an approved course of nursing study.
Must have extensive working knowledge in the following: the MDS completion process, MDS Program and it functionality in the long term care environment.