This position provides nutrition, dining and hospitality consultative and training services to communities based upon state requirements and company needs. This employee provides detailed reports to the Director of Dining regarding the dining experience, food service, food quality, resident satisfaction, kitchen sanitation, food safety, kitchen equipment, and structure. This role requires a strong individual contributor who assists with menu creation, menu management, and product procurement. A team player who participates in resolution of dining & nutrition customer concerns as needed. This individual must be knowledgeable to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy consulting for at-risk residents.
- Maintains current and strong knowledge base of regulations and current practices related to dining services/hospitality and resident nutrition.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes sound recommendations based on state regulations, quality metrics and Enlivant policies and procedures. Collaborates with community, regional, divisional and Support Center leadership to develop plans for improvement for more effective and efficient dining experience
- Evaluates programs, meal preparation and resident dining experience and service, and related documentation during visits to communities. Provides direction and guidance regarding standards, budgets, and regulatory compliance. Works closely with regional team members to support Enlivant processes.
- Maintains, updates and implements policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots and problem solves operational, staffing, and training issues related to dining services, and recommends changes, solutions, and modifications in all relevant areas.
- Participates in quality reviews, performance improvement teams, and surveys as requested. Assists team members to develop and monitor corrective action plans and/or plans of correction related to Dining Services.
- Train and coach community level staff in dining and nutrition related areas to promote excellent service delivery and presentation within budget.
- Participates in community, regional, divisional, and Support Center meetings, conference calls, and educational programs as required.
- Ensures that all OSHA and safety standards are followed, as applicable to the position, in accordance with state and federal regulations and Enlivant policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in dining or hospitality
- Multi-facility experience in healthcare or hospitality
- Availability for 40-50% of travelrequired
- Serve Safe certification required
- Must be able to work a full shift, come to work on time, and work overtime as needed
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degreepreferred
- The ideal candidate will uphold the principles of our mission; to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities
- Serve safe certification training preferred
- Service oriented style with professionalism
- Actively express compassion for residents, staff, and guests
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace change
- Maintain humility
- Engage others in fun and creative activities
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the job
- Work with integrity in all interactions