Mission Statement: To provide superior quality healthcare services that: PATIENTS recommend to family and friends, PHYSICIANS prefer for their patients, PURCHASERS select for their clients, EMPLOYEES are proud of, and INVESTORS seek for long-term returns.
The Candidate that is chosen will support the Behavioral Health Division of UHS nationwide.
This exciting position is critical to the clinical integrity and compliance of our facilities. As a corporate senior leader, you will support, train and consult your facilities’ clinical teams and staff. We are seeking a clinical nursing professional that is interested in sharing his/her expertise in a consultative manner to ensure the success of the Behavioral Health Division. Travel is extensive, as 80-85% of your time will be traveling to and supporting our facilities.
This position will offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive corporate benefits package that reflects the work/life needs of our senior leaders. Highlights of the plan include a generous tuition assistance/continuing education allowance, online clinical resources, generous paid time off, multiple medical plans, including an HMO, a matching 401(K) plan, and our employee discounted stock plan.
The successful Divisional Director of Clinical Services will:
- Facilitate, coordinate and oversee Joint Commission/CARF accreditation processes, to ensure satisfactory completion, and to improve compliance.
- Assure that the facility is compliant with the regulations of all federal, state, local and other regulatory bodies with jurisdiction over its clinical activities.
- Assist in the development of Performance Improvement practices in facilities and maintenance of same including analysis of data and prioritization of efforts—HBIPS; Outcome Measures
- Set expectations, develops plans, and manages processes to measure, assess and improve the quality of clinical programs and/or regulatory/accreditation compliance by measurable results in assigned facilities.
- Seek methods to improve current facility practices/processes/clinical products by identifying problems and proposing solutions, as necessary to include program review and clinical systems review.
- Investigate, in collaboration with the hospital any quality concerns such as those received from state and federal agencies including the Corporate Compliance program. Prepare, in collaboration with appropriate disciplines, action plans and submits responses within designated time frame.
- Work collaboratively with corporate staff, physicians, risk management, and other corporate leaders to address performance improvement and safety issues.
- Ensure that JC Sentinel Event Alerts are addressed and changes implemented as necessary. Presents alert information in applicable committees.
- Act as a quality/clinical resource to the facilities, other Divisional staff, and the Corporate office.
- Coordinate efforts with Corporate Risk Management, Corporate Loss Control regarding implementation of Best Practices.
- Provide orientation and ongoing education/training for facility clinical and quality leadership as needed.
- Provide timely and thorough verbal and written feedback from site visits to facilities and appropriate Regional VPs/Group Directors and facility CEOs
- Maintain regular communication with clinical/leadership staff at assigned facilities regarding clinical and regulatory/accreditation issues.
- Provide oversight and coordination for assigned special projects