We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Peli BioThermal LLC is a global leader in the design and manufacture of single use and reusable temperature controlled packaging solutions for the highly regulated pharmaceutical, biotech, and clinical trials industries. Peli BioThermal is a great place to work and offers employees the opportunity to flourish and excel in a high-growth, fast-paced, creative, and exciting environment! We currently have an opening for a Divisional Controller based at our site in Maple Grove, MN.
The Divisional Controller role is pivotal to our BioThermal segment. We are looking for an independent, hands-on, and self-directed individual that can lead all aspects of the accounting function for both the US and foreign subsidiaries within the division. This position reports directly to the Worldwide Director of Finance and will work closely with other members of the senior management team to help achieve the potential of this rapidly growing part of our business.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations ensuring compliance with the business' accounting policies and procedures.
- Overall responsibility for the accurate and timely closing of the monthly, quarterly, and annual books and records in accordance with US and local GAAP.
- Review monthly manufacturing cost accounting entries (manufacturing and purchase price variances) for proper capitalization in accordance with company accounting policies.
- Prepare monthly inventory obsolescence analysis.
- Oversee lessor accounting for the company’s rental fleet in accordance with ASC 842.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements for the Biothermal division and accompanying management reports.
- Lead, train, develop, and motivate accounting staff to maintain a high level of employee commitment and competence for sustained and self-reliant performance and achievement of departmental and organizational goals.
- Research new accounting standards to ensure appropriate adoption of recently issued guidance which includes the drafting of technical memos.
- Primary point of contact for external auditors during the year-end audit.
- Preparation and/or review of audit schedules.
- Ensure compliance with all local statutory and tax filing requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Liaising with the other divisional controllers and the corporate accounting group to ensure intercompany transactions are properly accounted for and the results of the division are appropriately reflected in the consolidated financial statements.
- Work closely with the VP Corporate Controller to identify and implement enhancements to the company’s internal control over financial reporting.
- Provide relevant accounting training to internal stakeholders.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook, AWAIR and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
- CPA (or local equivalent) with 12+ years progressive accounting/finance related experience including full cycle accounting.
- Minimum of four (4) years of controller experience required. Demonstrated experience in managing and coaching direct reports and establishing career development plans by identifying development goals, milestones, and measures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of preparing consolidated financial statements (including the consolidation of foreign subsidiaries).
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS including an advanced knowledge of Cost Accounting.
- Experience in researching technical accounting issues.
- Experience in developing and implementing accounting policies and procedures.
- Advanced computer and Microsoft Excel skills including pivot table and advanced formula knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively manage direct reports located overseas.
- Must be able thrive in dynamic environment, delivering quality results under tight deadlines.
- Identifies and pursues strategic business initiatives that provide a meaningful contribution to the organization.
- Establishes rapport both within the accounting department as well as cross-functionally and leverages relationships outside the organization.
- MBA degree.
- Public accounting experience with an internationally recognized firm.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience using SAP.
- Actively supports and complies with Pelican’s objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Ensures that staff is contributing at maximum potential through rigorous hiring practices and an emphasis on training and development initiatives, including coaching and counseling direct reports in their performance and professional development, with final authority for approving pay increases, hiring decisions and disciplinary actions.
- Emphasizes ethical leadership and decision-making to protect Pelican’s brand and reputation.
- Establishes challenging, productive and achievable goals for direct reports; measure results by establishing checkpoints to track progress.
- Must be able to travel, nationally and internationally, as necessary.
Why Join Peli BioThermal? Here’s a glimpse of Pelican Perks…
- Generous paid time off plans.
- 401k plan – with a competitive match.
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Established reputable brand offering premium products – you’ll be proud to represent Pelican!
- Employee discount program on Pelican Products.
- Great Benefits – several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
- Wellness Discount Program.
- Lucrative employee referral program – get paid to work with your trusted network.
- And more…
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.