Overall Job Summary
Matthews Environmental Solutions, a part of Matthews International, is a globally recognized expert in combustion technology, including cremation, incineration and emission control. Our products and services meet the most demanding performance and environmental standards worldwide. With manufacturing facilities on three continents and nearly 4,000 installations worldwide, Matthews Environmental Solutions is dedicated to providing our customers with highest quality of products and services in the industry.
Plans, organizes and directs the financial and administrative functions of the division. Develops and implements procedures and controls which assure that the accounting objectives and goals of the division, business unit and corporation are attained.
- Management of the financial and administrative functions which include Accounting, Billing, and Accounts Payable.
- Manages activities to ensure the accuracy of division accounting and financial reporting, integrity of the accounting/financial systems and processes and internal control compliance.
- Oversee the division's implementation and ongoing compliance with the internal control documentation and the testing requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (section 404)
- Initiates, plans, and implements policies and procedures which define and control activities to meet division accounting and administrative goals and enhance the utilization of human resources.
- Serves as the Division representative on the Company's external reporting Disclosure Committee.
- Participates in and coordinates the preparation of the Annual Operating Budget, Capital Budget, Annual Business Review and Strategic Plan.
- Reviews all capital appropriation requests prior to submission for approval to ensure completeness of documentation, compliance with policy and financial justification.
- Participates in the evaluation and negotiation of division acquisitions. Coordinates the integration of the acquisition into the Matthews organization.
- Analyzes and interprets financial information to understand the division’s operating performance relative to established objectives and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews with and provides counsel to division and executive management on all division financial matters.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with other Division departments to facilitate an efficient and effective operation.
- Coordinates with internal auditors, external auditors and consultants responses to recommendations and questions relating to the Division.
- Acts as a division liaison to Corporate on financial and administrative areas.
- Coordinates with operations management the development of products, projects, and contracts to maximize the effectiveness of their integration into new or existing systems.
- Participates in meetings with customers as necessary and responds on various topics such as payment plans/terms, and other specific topics.
- Provides to Corporate, in a timely fashion, all information required for normal processing of financial and administrative data and any special requirements or projects.
- Monitors the installation and operation of capital expenditures and analyzes actual versus estimated spending and performance.
- Oversees the physical inventory (annual and cycle counts) and coordinates the responses to the internal and external auditors.
- Analyzes the division’s net identifiable assets (e.g. receivables, inventories, fixed assets, etc.) to ensure that asset levels are appropriate to maximize productivity and Economic Value Added.
- Develops and provides financial information (historical and forecasted) for internal and external use.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Responsible for supervising multiple projects.
Qualifications / Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 8+ years progressive accounting managerial experience required
- 5+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect)
- Prior managerial/supervisory experience
- Periodic travel is required, including the potential for international travel
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting