Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• A proven track record of delivering results in a high-performance continuous improvement environment through implementation of and expertise with the latest lean manufacturing methods (PDCA, Kaizen, VSM, and other continuous improvement methodologies).
• Demonstrated business acumen and understanding of the P&L and balance sheet.
• Progressively responsible career path in manufacturing operations, with significant practical experience in international settings.
• Demonstrated competency in development and execution of strategy in a matrix reporting environment and ability to indirectly influence in order to achieve results.
• Strong analytical skills and process focus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate global constituents to meet business objectives, and possess strong presentation skills at all levels of the organization.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal skills, and unquestioned integrity and trust.
* Excellent influence skills to impact change with peer roles and operations leaders throughout the division.
• A minimum of 10 years of operational leadership experience.
• Certification as a Master Black Belt is preferred.
• Excellent personal computer skills in a networked environment: MS products,
• Undergraduate technical degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Director of Operational Excellence is responsible for building and maintaining a culture of continuous operational improvement that permeates all areas of the Division.
• Participate in the definition and development of the BUs and Division strategy. Lead the development of the OPEX plan in support of the Division’s overall strategy.
• Ensure BUs are implementing the appropriate Lean tools to maximize productivity and throughput while minimizing lead time and WIP inventory.
• Develop and manage a global strategic sourcing process that ensures BUs are aggressively driving material cost reduction programs. Work within the AMETEK global sourcing organization to identify and qualify new best-in-class suppliers for the Business Units.
• Serve as the Division Champion to identify and execute Value Analysis/Value Engineering programs across the BUs which reduce costs, improve quality and increase value to our customers.
• Develop and manage a monthly report of KPIs from each BU, identifying critical issues and action plans to attack problems.
• Participate in due diligence efforts and integration activities on acquisitions.
• Insure that a depth of high quality operations talent exists throughout the Division. Assist in selecting, developing, leading and coaching the OPEX team.
Job ID #: 10254