This position is incentive eligible. Introduction
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Division Vice President Clinical Education with Trident Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Trident Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Trident Medical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Division Vice President Clinical Education to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Vice President of Clinical Education is responsible for the execution of strategies to advance clinical education structures and processes in the assigned division and facilities that support all lines of business in executing HCA's nursing and clinical agenda. The VP of Clinical Education drives positive change by providing leadership through performance improvement strategies that advance and support clinical education throughout HCA, leading to enhanced quality and financial outcomes. The VP of Clinical Education uses broad enterprise and segment influence and builds alliances with corporate, division, facility, and the Clinical Education team to successfully execute HCA's clinical education agenda.What you will do in this role:
What qualifications you will need:
- Cultivates a superior clinical identity by supporting the clinical education team in operationalizing evidence-based practices to advance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensures adherence to standards of care.
- Ensures that the clinical education team develops educational content that meets the accreditation standards of the Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid, and similar organizations from an educational perspective.
- Establishes expectations and accountability for delivery of clinical education services and practices that create a patient-centered organization, driven by customer feedback and data.
- Ensures efficient and effective development and delivery of quality clinical education content and programs to drive improved clinical metrics.
- Leads strategic planning and business development within area(s) of responsibility to support new service offerings, technology advances, and other opportunities to drive differentiation and support the growth agenda through the development of educational programs.
- Leads and develops the annual budget process for the division, including expense forecasts, staffing, and supply and equipment needs.
- Monitors and understands financial trends. Evaluates and articulates variances to expenses and prior year expenses, and creates action plans to correct these variances.
Licensure, Certifications, Training
- Master's Degree in Nursing or Education, required
- Doctorate Degree in Nursing or Education, preferred
- 5+ years' experience in an acute care setting, required
- 2+ years' experience in clinical education, organizational development, or human resources, required
HealthTrust Supply Chain
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation, required
- Certified Nurse Educator, preferred
- Certification from the Association of Nursing Professional Development, preferred
is a critical part of HCA Healthcare's strategy. Our focus is to improve performance
and reduce costs. We do this by joining non-clinical and administrative functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We develop, apply and monitor cost-efficient initiatives
and programs for HCA Healthcare. By improving facility efficiency, medical professionals can focus on our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Division Vice President Clinical Education opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.