Division Vice President, Business Unit General Manager
We are working with a successful, growing global manufacturer (~$75M division of a $4B+ organization), to find a high energy, strategic, growth focused executive. We need a strong leader who can manage and direct a complete business unit globally, holding P&L responsibility and setting strategic vision, mission and overall direction.
Competitive base salary, bonus, executive level equity, company car, relocation assistance offered. Dynamic culture, excellent tenure, hands-on atmosphere, and growth opportunities internally. This is a highly visible critical position.
The Division VP is the head of the entire business unit; holding total P&L responsibility including financial, strategy, production operations, human resources, engineering, sales & marketing and IT for $75 million division with almost 275 employees globally. This position is directly accountable for achieving both Plant and Business Unit Operations objectives for growth, profitability, quality and customer satisfaction. This team is focused on expanding the core customer base (domestically & globally) while supporting a stable customer base.The position reports to the President of a larger business unit ($500M+).
Essential Job Functions:
- Overall P&L Ownership: Achieve revenue, profit, and financial targets set for the business. Manage revenue and cost. Continue efforts to harmonize functional teams internally, enhancing capabilities to meet growth targets. Double sales within ~5 years (through M&A and organic growth.)
- Strategy Development, Market Expansion, Global Presence: Develop an execute a 3-5 year business strategy; expand in core markets as well as geographically to capitalize on global growth opportunities. Leverage Value Analysis/Value Engineering to create more value from existing products and accelerate growth. Ensure product development roadmap is robust and products are delivered in timely fashion to meet market demands
- Operational Excellence: Develop and provide leadership to the leadership team to drive efficiency, working capital management, and financial success. Emphasis is on customer satisfaction (quality, cost, delivery, order turn around) through a sense of urgency, communication, teamwork, and solid execution. Lead and support the development of facility employees and facility succession planning activities. Leverage global capabilities to decrease production and supply management costs.
- Bachelor's Degree required (technical capacity desired; Mechanical, Electrical OR Sales, Marketing, Business). Advanced degree strongly preferred. Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing processes and general management principles.
- 15 - 25+ years of experience in manufacturing (customized/configured preferred). Must have 10+ years in a senior leadership role, and have held a P&L of at least $30M.
- Strong record of accomplishment of continuous improvement in operational performance, leansix sigma, and overall operational effectiveness
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales & marketing strategies that have consistently met/exceeded planned objectives. Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and tactical/operational levels
- Hands-on, "roll up the sleeves" mentality, with a keen focus to detail and passion for growth and development of new markets and business.
- Expert in financial analysis, reporting, margins, cost cutting, controls; and executive level presentation of doing so
- Must have global experience
- Able to travel domestically and internationally a minimum of 15-20% of the time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Free to decide how to achieve predetermined ends. Latitude in modifying practices and procedures. Strong PC and business systems knowledge.