What Moves You? If your answer is developing others and facilitating training that "moves" others, then we are looking for you! NAPA is driven to have the very best people on our team, and we need Training programs to grow, develop, and inspire employees across all parts of our business to make us a great place for employees to work and for consumers to shop! To do this, we need the right talent to join us as an experienced Division Training Manager. This key role aligned directly with Leadership Development is responsible for delivering training to store, distribution center employees and Managers to continuously develop skill level, drive market growth, and increase sales and profitability and a culture of employee engagement.
If you are a person who seeks ownership, thrives on relationships and developing people, has a gift for connection with a group and can deliver a high energy and impactful training experience, then this opportunity sits right in your lane.
This person will join the Training & Talent/HR Team and report directly to a progressive and supportive VP of Talent & Employee Development.
Do you love to be a part of other's success? Are you constantly excited about anything related to training and integrating programs that develop and lead others to success? If you answered yes, then this role is for you! Do you love to be a part of other's success? Are you constantly excited about anything related to training and integrating programs that develop and lead others to success? If you answered yes, then this role is for you!
This is the right opportunity for you if:
- Love out of the box thinking, being creative and always thinking of new ways to deliver great training
- Your audiobooks, bookshelf and leisurely reading is pretty much focused on Delivering Training Programs, Ted Talks, Leadership Development and pretty much everything about developing others!
- Love to facilitate training while also being a mentor to those giving the training
- Are ready to take an integral role delivering high energy training for a large and matrixed Fortune 200 Automotive Company
- You have great energy and enthusiasm for training and have discovered some "cutting edge" training that you have been successful with
A Day in the life:
- Facilitate training classes across broad selection of courses focusing on Leadership, Sales, Self-Development and Customer Service skills. Some Store Operations and Independent store owner training depending on experience.
- Collaboratively develop training schedules with Division and National needs in mind.
- Partner with Division management to implement, pilot, and facilitate NAPA Store training programs
- Work closely with Distribution Center management teams to determine training needs and plan training events to meet those needs.
- Serve as Sponsor for Store Manager Training program (LEAD) across all operations including planning meetings, possible outside speakers, candidate selection, etc.
- Communicate effective feedback regarding training events, processes, reporting and materials.
- Participate in planning processes (e.g., needs assessment, course development, and delivery).
- Advocate proper selection and qualification of participants. Reinforce and assist with any required prerequisites and/or pre-seminar materials and communication
- Advocate and plan for an effective learning environment for participants including having proper meeting room setup, ordering materials.
- Be fully prepared and provide outstanding delivery, professional interaction with students, and subject matter presentations using adult learning principles.
- Administer and review participant rosters, evaluations, tests, participation forms, and A/V equipment
- Complete and submit all required administrative paperwork in an accurate and timely manner (e.g., planning reports, status reports).
- Support other Division Training Managers with course input and ideas that are proven to drive learning and engagement.
What you'll need:
- 5 + facilitation experience required
- College degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience successfully conducting adult learning programs
- Possesses excellent facilitation, communication and organizational skills.
- Possesses high character – doing the right thing even when no one is looking and always dealing fairly with others.
- Creativity and progressive thinking. Strong collaborator with a team mindset.
- Possesses personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish company goals.
- Honesty – Maintains and protects assigned computers, equipment, credit cards, vehicles and other company assets.
- Experience in leadership training curriculum design and delivery through multiple channels such as eLearning, classroom, live web training.
- Ability to communicate in an influencing and collaborative style to gain results. Understands importance of utilizing varying methods of communication.
- Able to use technology to provide information for making sound business decisions.
- Able to successfully develop effective relationships with key people throughout the business operation.
- Work performed in a typical office environment with minimal work performed in a distribution center or store for learning purposes.
- You must be a Road Warrior and love airplanes and highways – 80% travel. This role partners with 9 different operations in TN, NC, SC, VA, MD and WV.
Even more awesome to have (not a deal breaker if you don't):
· Retail experience
· Sales and/or store management
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a "family" feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
- Playing a major part in "steering your own career journey"